This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 06:53:52 pm    Post subject:

It would be pretty cool to see a classic Gauntlet game for the 83+. I am working on a different game right now, but when I'm available and I learn more asm, I may start writing it. I would probably make it similar to the NES version, with a set number of levels, but I'd tone down the difficulty a bit. You guys think this is a good idea?
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 07:10:39 pm    Post subject:

srry no idea what gauntlet is

care to expain?

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jul 2008 07:10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 07:18:19 pm    Post subject:

Google it. Wink

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jul 2008 07:22:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 11:41:35 pm    Post subject:

I think that is the game where you have a bunch of enemies that swarm you as you try to get through each level collecting stuff. It was a topdown game I think.

Though my mind may be a bit rusty...
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 27 Jul 2008 05:47:07 pm    Post subject:

Madskillz wrote:
I think that is the game where you have a bunch of enemies that swarm you as you try to get through each level collecting stuff. It was a topdown game I think.

Though my mind may be a bit rusty...
[post="125566"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You're basically right. One of the interesting features about it is that enemies come out of generators, and once the generators are gone, the entire swarm will die from regular shots in a few seconds. I don't know how this will do with ram limitations, though.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement