This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 02:29:47 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes, when I download a game from Ti-calc.org onto my Ti-83 plus black, one of the programs returns an "Invalid" error whenever it is run. After this, I can select "Go to" and see where the error happened. It basically opens up a program editing screen, but with just the word Program at the top and nothing else, and I can type in a name and commands, but they aren't saved. The memory screen says that it is 16 bytes, which is the size of the header. The worst part is that deleting it causes a crash, and grouping any files at all while it is on the calculator will allow it to somehow sneak into the group file. Has this happened to any of you guys? If it helps, I mainly get this problem with larger games such as Pokemon Red.

Well, since it doesn't seem like any of you guys understand what I am talking about, go onto Ti-calc.org and download Pokemon Red OR Pokemon Blue. Both of them cause this problem.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jul 2008 07:25:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 08:02:15 pm    Post subject:

This peculiar instance happens when String errors occur. I can't get too much more specific then this.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement