This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
cplr

Posted: 03 Jul 2008 10:57:51 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone, I am new here, just got a Voyage 200, and I am coming back to school after more or less 12 or so years, I am enrolled in an Eng. program, and things changed a lot since the last time I got a calculator on my hands, even if I read the programing manual, read info on ticalc.org, etc I am still confused, I want to try to get ahead for my coming class, and I started to solve some problems of this coming course, I would like some help and how to program my calculator, and I will like to see the program step by step (so I can learn how to do it), I solved already several exercises step by step.
I ask that because; 1) for me that's the best way to learn, 2) I tried some programs for my coming class, but either they don't work or the author skipped some steps and 3) the most important thing for me is not only pass the class but, to learn programing for my future.
Also can someone tell me what's the difference between TGCC, and TI-BASIC, which one should a newbie concentrate on learning?
Thanks
Cheers
PD I can upload the problems any time if someone is willing to help me.
Thanks again
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 03 Jul 2008 11:51:01 pm    Post subject:

TI-Freakware has some good 68K BASIC tutorials you can use to help you get going. After you know the basics, experimenting is the best way to learn.

The difference between TI-BASIC and (I assume you meant) TIGCC is that TIGCC isn't a language. It's a compiler. A C compiler for the 68K TI calculators. TI-BASIC is easier and better for newbies, but as you get more advanced, you may want to try out TIGCC for its greater speed and capabilities.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Jul 2008 06:58:36 am    Post subject:

for most of your math needs, the V200's basic language is more than enough.

TIGCC is a really great IDE for making V200/89 games in C. Technoplaza has some nice (but a little dated) tutorials for programming with TIGCC.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement