This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 02 Jul 2008 10:40:26 pm    Post subject:

After many months of inactivity, I finally got my act together (with Luby's motivation) and finished external level support! Now, of course, it will need some testing. Which is why i'm asking you guys to do it. I'm asking you to create external levels of your own (or copy Binary's, i don't care). Here's how:

To create Rush Hour levels, you must have an assembler/compiler for regular assembly programs.

1. Copy this code for your source (This should be the only thing in it!)

Code:
.db $BB,$6D
.db $c9
.db "RHLvl"
.db 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
.db 0

2. The 11 zeros are for the name of your level. You can change them to whatever you want as long as their are still 11 characters, no shorter or longer and the last one must be zero.

3. The lone zero is the number of levels minus one

4. Now you can create levels! For each level, copy this over and change it:

Code:
 .db 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
 .db 0
 .db $00,$00,$00,$00,$00,$00

5. The first line of zeros is the difficulty. As with the name, you can change it to whatever you want as long as it satisfies the same two requirements.
6. The next lone zero must remain zero! It is used by the game, and if it's not zero to begin with, there could be problems.
7. The next 6 lines are the map. Change the hex to correspond with the sprite number. It's kind of complicated, and I'll do better to explain it in the readme, but:
* $00: Blank
* $01: The left segment of the "you" car
* $02: The right segment of the "you" car
* $03: The left segment of other horizontal cars
* $04: The right segment of other horizontal cars
* $05: The left segment of Horizontal trucks
* $06: The middle segment of Horizontal trucks
* $07: The right segment of horizontal trucks
* $08: The top segment of Vertical cars
* $09: The bottom segment of Vertical cars
* $0A: The top segment of Vertical trucks
* $0B: The middle segment of Vertical trucks
* $0C: The bottom segment of Vertical trucks

At the moment there are no limos and you can only have one "you" car which must be in the third row down. Happy puzzling!

edit: I upped the number of characters you can have for the level name.

edit2: Haha, I forgot to include the actual program for you to try it. Well, here it is.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jul 2008 12:47:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Jul 2008 07:15:35 am    Post subject:

congrats! a nice addition to an already good game Smile
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 04 Jul 2008 09:49:59 am    Post subject:

Why thanks. Haha, I found a small bug (forgot to change a number!). Anyways, it should be bug-free, so I'll be uploading it to UTI soon enough with a sample level.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement