This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
iteration69

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 04:36:03 pm    Post subject:

I'll look into GetCalc, As far as Get(), Send() i can easily interface the 83.

If anyone has any good ideas on how we can bring this about in basic let me know.

My first approach will be to use the A variable as an opcode. I suspect this may cause problems with existing basic programs, in that case i need a variable that is not likely to be used. Being that i don't use the lower end calcs I really don't know what is common and what is not.

All input is welcome
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 05:26:46 pm    Post subject:

useing get and send would most likely be the easiest. Also the 83+ series does have a few things that the 86 lacks for instance a sequence graphing mode which quite a few classes require. Also the tokenized command system makes it easier to fix mistakes in formulas and equations. Though the 86 is more expandable the fact that you can have multiple variables with the same name makes some things easier.
iteration69

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 09:32:50 pm    Post subject:

If i understand the "sequence" graphing correctly, it is the same as using a list and stat plot on the 86. If that is correct then the 86 gives more control over exactly how those elements may be plotted.

I can somewhat see a valid argument for tokenized variables but i find that the unique variable limitations which they lack overcome any efficiencies they may have presented. Mind you I get rather deep in basic programs being that i over-use, possible abuse my calculator with statatistical analysis on very complicated forecasting models.

With this said I still like the idea of beating the 83 into something it was not designed for. That's half the fun the way i see it.

All you guys that work with the 83,83+. What are the most likely variables to be left available on the calculator?
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 12:51:38 pm    Post subject:

Well you could use the finance vars (I%, N, and etc.) at least those would most likely be the safest along with other rarely used system vars like the zoom store vars aka ZXmin, ZXmax, etc.
As for the sequence graphing thing, the 86 can't do dependent sequences for example.
An=An-1+5
iteration69

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 12:46:45 am    Post subject:

A little off topic here but i was tinkering with the 83 and managed to get a screen light installed in similiar manor as my 86.

I imagine that the 83+ and 84 are about the same internally so it shouldnt be much to pull it off on those models.

Storm, i'm don't understand what those dependant sequences are you referenced, In terms of evaluation, sure the 86 can't do that. I'll let it as it is untill i get an 83+ or get a chance to work with one for testing purposes.

Has anyone come up with a UI yet?
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 03:00:13 am    Post subject:

iteration69 wrote:
A little off topic here but i was tinkering with the 83 and managed to get a screen light installed in similiar manor as my 86.

I imagine that the 83+ and 84 are about the same internally so it shouldnt be much to pull it off on those models.[post="125173"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
An 83+ maybe, but I've heard 84+ is more cramped inside, despite it's larger size, due to the USB hardware. It would be too bad for me, since I've only got a working 84+SE, except I've got better things to do when the lights go out than fiddle on my calculator Smile
iteration69

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 01:29:59 am    Post subject:

I spend alot of quality time with my 86. Not in the dark though, as i have not figured out an easy way to light up the keypad. You probably already figured out that i'm that guy who always has the TI in his back pocket. Considering the vast set of programs to aid in various calculations I walk around equipped to handle almost any energy problem that may come out of the blue. Mind you that I work in an energy testing lab and freelance in hvac efficiencies.

I
Any way, how is that UI looking?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement