This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Celtic III => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Celtic III

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Aug 2008 08:00:13 am    Post subject:

iirc, the program onblock isn't that big. so you could just use the hex code of it with the exechex command.

edit, and the code is included in the file.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/330/33039.html

Last edited by Guest on 03 Aug 2008 08:01:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Rebma Boss

Posted: 06 Aug 2008 11:14:01 am    Post subject:

I am so glad that you have strings for drawng tilemaps! That will save a huge amount of ram!
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 12:13:15 am    Post subject:

Just to let ya know, the project isn't dead. It's just... uh... sleeping.

Seriously, though.

I haven't gotten a good signature on the app yet, and I've been alerted to a few more bugs that I need to iron out before I can make any kind of release. Not that the application doesn't work in its current state, but I just believe that it needs a little bit more work since the next release is going to be just one or two more away from an official one.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 11:39:56 am    Post subject:

This application will be the first in a long while where it actually has a proper signature on it.

As for bugs and stuff, I don't really know the state of the project anymore since I've been keeping to myself about its progress and what I left hanging in the code... in addition to the fact that I haven't worked on the application in about a month or two.

So this is where it stands: I'd like you (whoever) to test out Celtic 3.09p and report any abnormalities in any of the listed functions. Keep in mind that some of the functions that are listed in the ReadME are not implemented yet, so I'd like you to test them all just to see where I stand in the code.

This would be doing me a huge favor.

[EDIT] Oh, now I remember. I think I tried to implement onblock but I never quite finished it, so don't test that out if it's listed in there.

Also, I'd like to know how I'd go about implementing ERRH for handling BASIC errors from within my application. Modding the program to fit Celtic III didn't seem to work, nor did it seem to cause a catastrophic error, so I don't know what's going on. If you want to inspect the code yourself, it's found near the bottom of the source file "_CFN.z80"

Last edited by Guest on 18 Sep 2008 11:43:54 am; edited 1 time in total
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Sep 2008 05:26:28 pm    Post subject:

well, I just send it to my calc without any trouble, so the signature is good :biggrin:

I also tried a xlib program with this installed instead of xlib, and it worked correctly, so at least it doesn't outright crash upon using it.

I'll give some more (better) testing in the morning.

nice to see this worked on again :lol:

edit: it doesn't work with the xlib demo because the demo uses '0' to acces pic0 instead of '10' to acces it. (changing the 0 to 10 fixes it tho, but it doesn't make celtic really compatable with xlib)

Last edited by Guest on 19 Sep 2008 07:48:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Rebma Boss

Posted: 19 Sep 2008 12:01:43 pm    Post subject:

Does the Celtic III tile string/tile map routine allow for smooth-scrolling? If not, that would be a nice feature to have, if it's not hard to implement.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 09:21:36 pm    Post subject:

I ran into a problem involving Celtic III, and it may relate to the parser hook and the commands used to extract grouped items individually. I've noted that one of the calcs crashed after having done this manually and then attempting to run that program. Could someone try to explore the exact conditions that might make this happen, or whether or not what happened was just a freak accident?
ZagorNBK

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 06:57:08 am    Post subject:

I tried to run 2 programs with Celtic III 0.9P instead of xLIB:
-Artistic (it was a disaster) Sad
-Multilevel Grayscale (worked fine until I tried to render my image: the lines stop to be drawn after 2/3 of the screen are filled) :confused:

I atteched 2 screenies:
-wabbit0.gif is with Celtic III
-wabbit1.gif is with xLIB

By the way, I launched the programs with and without DoorCS and I got the same results. And also, the xLIB nice curved boxes have right angles with Celtic III.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 04:36:09 pm    Post subject:

Can't tell what the problem is unless I have a run of code that shows what's going on when those BASIC programs are being run. If you can, try attaching a copy of or linking to a copy of each of the programs that you tested with. It's very important that you match the version of the programs that you tested with the one that you link to.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 04:43:26 pm    Post subject:

There seems to be a clipping problem with the line routine for the Multilevel Grayscale one (from what I could tell in the screenshot).
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 07:02:05 pm    Post subject:

Eh ... heh. Yeah. Clipping... I was hoping I'd never have to look at that beast ever again...

But it *is* worth a mention that there are known problems with sprite clipping and I essentially cheated with the line routine by using the romcall. As for the checkerboard pattern, I can offer one consolation prize: There exists a command in Celtic III that will draw that pattern nearly instantly if the called for program would use it:

Code:
identity(8,"AA55AA55AA55AA55",0,0,0,1)
(cut out all those zeroes and the one to not update the LCD)

I know... this doesn't fix the problem. If I get to it, the problems *should* be fixed. I'd still like a link to a copy of the programs just to have something to test out whenever I get a chance.
ZagorNBK

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 01:04:37 pm    Post subject:

All right, here are the links:

Artistic

Omnimaga Multi-Level Grayscale Kit For xLIB
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Oct 2008 05:05:13 pm    Post subject:

One thing I discovered after I released Artistic: If you put in a DispGraph right before the 1:real(0), that will stop it from destroying Pic1 after you install xLIB or something else used the graphscreen.

It might help, but I'd guess not. It's worth a shot though.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jul 2010 12:14:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZagorNBK

Posted: 01 Nov 2008 01:41:05 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
One thing I discovered after I released Artistic: If you put in a DispGraph right before the 1:real(0), that will stop it from destroying Pic1 after you install xLIB or something else used the graphscreen.

It might help, but I'd guess not. It's worth a shot though.
[post="128352"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Can't you just release an update on ticalc.org?

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jul 2010 12:13:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Nov 2008 06:33:58 pm    Post subject:

I should...but AP classes are horribly taxing on my free time...
ZagorNBK

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 02:16:08 pm    Post subject:

Talking about xLIB compatibility, can't you just use the sources from the xLIB app to do it? It would save you a lot of programing and time.
Bronco

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 04:05:50 pm    Post subject:

ZagorNBK wrote:
Talking about xLIB compatibility, can't you just use the sources from the xLIB app to do it? It would save you a lot of programing and time.
[post="129098"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Something tells me this is much easier said than done.
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 06:45:14 pm    Post subject:

ZagorNBK wrote:
[post="129098"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

In a word : No.

(1) The source of xLIB is unavailable.
(2) In speaking with the author of xLIB, it's been found that if I had access to the source, the code it would produce would be too large to cram into Celtic III.

On another note, and if you haven't noticed already, I've been taking a break from working on Celtic III. So you're not going to hear much more about its progress until I decide I want to put my other project down for a little bit.
tribal

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 06:21:03 pm    Post subject:

Don't know why, but the xLIB demo that comes with xLIB doesn't work with CelticIII, nor does OTBP Assembler++...

I think for xLIB there is a clipping problem with the matrix map data. As for OTBP Assembler++... I have no idea. Those are my thoughts, not completely sure and all... :ninja:
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Mar 2009 02:26:35 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't planning on picking up this project again for quite a while, but a couple of problems got me to working on it for just a bit more over the weekend. This release is a fix for det(21...) and a problem with Celtic III incorrectly stripping the decimal part from the input float. The fix cost a measly 5 bytes and there's about 1.4K worth of app space left to use for any further development.

EDIT: I believe I've also changed the real(5) command to catch any invalid inputs at some point a few weeks ago. Let me know if the problem's been corrected or if it even still works.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Mar 2009 05:49:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement