This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Ed H

Posted: 26 May 2008 10:11:48 pm    Post subject:

Here's an idea for a small but useful ASM library: set one variable to another; the names of the variables are given in a string. So you'd run something like this:
"LA:LEXAMPLE":prgmSET
Or similar. Maybe an option to choose the type of the variable. I don't know ASM, so basically I'm just asking someone to write this program for me... Razz but it would add a functionality that I think BASIC really needs. Example: in an RPG, you could ask a user to name their own save file; and then the user could just copy the save file (a list) to another calculator and continue the game. Plus it could offer some of XtraVar's functionality, allowing the user to store to a bunch of variables, which is nice. Would anyone else find this useful? Cause seriously, I would.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Aug 2010 01:57:47 am; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 26 May 2008 10:26:45 pm    Post subject:

Well, in *theory* this is already available through Celtic2. If you take the time to figure out a system to make the save/load feature, that is. Smile
Ed H

Posted: 26 May 2008 10:39:54 pm    Post subject:

But I'm thinking of something small - on the order of 100 bytes or less. (I'm not sure how realistic this is; I'm not very familiar with ASM programming.) I'd rather use a small program that does one thing and does it well than a huge program that does a bunch of things.

BTW, I can't seem to find Celtic2 anywhere. Where can I find it?

Edit: Hah, nevermind. I found CelticIII right in the forum index. Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 26 May 2008 10:45:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 26 May 2008 11:14:49 pm    Post subject:

Well... to my knowledge, I may have the only working copy of celtic 2 with a readme... Let me see about loading it to my site and post a link.. :)

Also, it is not a very big program either, and does a couple of other nice features.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 26 May 2008 11:23:40 pm    Post subject:

Here's Celtic II and the readme:
[attachment=2293:attachment]
[attachment=2294:attachment]
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 26 May 2008 11:33:35 pm    Post subject:

ah, ok, saves me the trouble of looking for it in the thousand or so files in my external hdd... XD
Ed H

Posted: 26 May 2008 11:38:23 pm    Post subject:

Hm, that's not bad. I'd still like to see the program I mentioned written, though. The only way I see with Celtic2 to write a list to another list with the names taken from a string would be to write a new BASIC program and execute it, which takes a bunch of space in the original program. Anyway, if no one else writes this program, hopefully I'll be able to write it myself soon.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 27 May 2008 12:26:01 am    Post subject:

Here's a 110 byte program to copy the contents of L1 to any list.
Store the name of the list you want into Str3, then execute:

Code:
3→θ
Asm(prgmCELTIC2
sub(Str9,1,1→Str2

4→θ
"TMP→Str0
Asm(prgmCELTIC2

2→θ
"L1"+Str2+Str3→Str9
1:Asm(prgmCELTIC2
prgmTMP

6→θ:Asm(CELTIC2

Block 1: puts "→" into Str2
Block 2: creates prgmTMP (Str0="TMP" is used for the rest of the program)
Block 3: stores L1→ #(name of new list) into prgmTMP, then executes
Block 4: deletes prgmTMP

It should be easy to change it so that it copies any variable and to use Ans for the input, but I'm lazy and it's 1:30 AM
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 May 2008 04:29:24 am    Post subject:

if celtic2 is to big, you could try the celtic3 program (not app) and recompile it with only the functions you need. Iambian created it so it would be really easy to recompile it.
celtic 3 program:
http://iambianet.freewebpage.org/project0.html

and celtic2 is in the UTI archive...

as for saving data for RPGs, you could just store it in an appvar. then it wouldn't be changed by the user that easy.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement