This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
SonicBoom95

Posted: 15 May 2008 12:00:04 pm    Post subject:

Yes. I know. This is currently the third topic I have started in this subforum, and my last two have died. However, this project is actually off the ground right now. Which is why the post icon is a happy little smiley.

The project is called xCUBES (as advertised). It is a puzzle game (see topic title) that is based off a Flash game I saw on addictinggames.com. Regardless, it works like this...

Take a 15x15 grid. Fill it up with various strategically placed walls, keys, doors, and one goal. Put a hollow square in a certain spot on the grid, and let it roam around trying to get to the exit (under your control). The catch is that once it begins moving, it can't stop or change direction until it hits a wall. This makes things more difficult than they would be otherwise.

This is a cry for levels. 15x15, as mentioned above, with walls, one goal, one starting point, one key (optional), one or more doors (optional), and requiring some thought to play.

If anyone has any suggestions other than levels or wants me to post code, let me know.

NOTE: Despite the name, this does not use xLIB. I barely know what it is, don't know how to use it, and hate it all the same (what do you mean I have to download another program?).
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 May 2008 05:08:06 pm    Post subject:

you can create some demo levels and release it as a demo so we get a better idea of the point and what can be done with the engine.

you could also create a level editor.

and posting some screenshots might help.

it sounds like a fun game Smile

Quote:
what do you mean I have to download another program?

it means that you need additional software to run xlib games, just like you need the .net framework for programs that uses it, the JRE for any java program, the GTK librarys for gimp and other programs that uses that library, mirageos (or anything compatable with it) for the games that are created for mirageos, ect...
SonicBoom95

Posted: 16 May 2008 08:29:00 am    Post subject:

The "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER PROGRAM" thing means that I lack a cable or a computer that can run TI Connect (long story, don't want tech support) and so cannot download xLIB, meaning even with Sourcecoder I can't use the program.

The cable thing also applies to screenshots.

I'll try to post code. Eventually. It's a big program (2000 bytes for engine, level editor, and frontend: another 2000 for the current 12 levels I have).

Thanks for the compliment, I think it's fun too.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement