This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
black-salamander

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 08:34:27 pm    Post subject:

Hello, I am pretty sure this is the right forum to post this in.
Recently, I have been using VTI to test some of my programs in BASIC and ASM. Then, while running a BASIC program, I encounter a bunch of null signs (square-like chars) during the excecution of the program. Later, I was able to store them into a string (Dunno how I did it Cool ) and whenever I attempt to access that string, VTI freezes, and I have to reset the VTI calc.

If anyone can tell me how to post animated pics, I will try to post one as soon as possible, showing you an example of what really happens.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 08:53:41 pm    Post subject:

The weird string is a result of an invalid token (a token that doesn't actually stand for a command) - when the calculator encounters one, it doesn't know how to display it, and ends up reading a section of memory that's really being used for something else.

How you got to the invalid token, on the other hand, is anyone's guess.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 09:09:10 pm    Post subject:

Now for the screenshots, I'm pretty sure we have some topics around here with that info. You need an emulator and a rom file. Google wabbitemu and rom8x.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 10:53:09 pm    Post subject:

This is a problem having to do with the ROM version that VTI is using.

Unless I'm mistaken, the following tokens are the cause of this problem on versions 1.15 and below:

[font="arial"]~
[font="courier new"]@ # [font="arial"]$ & ‘ [font="times new roman"]; \ | _ % … ß [font="times new roman"]× т [font="courier new"]0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ◄ ► [font="times new roman"]↑ ↓ × [font="courier new"]∫ [font="arial"]√

More specifically, 1.15 adds everything up to the percent sign, and 1.16 introduces the rest.

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2008 03:28:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Apr 2008 12:45:42 am    Post subject:

VTI only works with ROM 1.12 IIRC, which dates back in 1999 or 2000. You may want to use WabbitEmu instead at http://www.revsoft.org/wabbitemu.zip because it works better than VTI. There is also PindurTI somewhere on MaxCoderz but it has no button interface
black-salamander

Posted: 30 Apr 2008 06:27:39 am    Post subject:

Oh, ok. Usually I never encounter this strange glitch, but on rare occasions does it pop up. Another strange thing is that the string it is stored in is 11 chars in length, yet the lentgh( command returns 12. Kind of odd.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Apr 2008 08:09:29 am    Post subject:

Omnimaga: WabbitEmu's button interface is nice, but I still use PindurTI often because I prefer it's debugging interface, and I've gotten used to the keyboard layout for my most commonly used keys.
black-salamander

Posted: 01 May 2008 07:25:11 pm    Post subject:

???, no instructions for WabbitEmu? im confused of how to operate this emulator. any help?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement