This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2003 10:32:27 pm    Post subject:

Someone should come up with a way to allow calcs to receive backups/vars from other models. Maybe this could be done by re-arranging packets during the link 'handshaking.' I think the MC68000 models might already have something like this, but it would be especially useful for TI-82/85/86 BASIC developers.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 02:29:57 pm    Post subject:

you just write an asm program that does the handshaking/transmitting instead of using the tios
NextPerception

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 04:51:56 pm    Post subject:

this could probably be done but would need a PIC or Programable Integrated Circuit. I however have never worked with these so would not know what would be needed. I do admit this sounds intriging. Mabye even make it possible o do chat programs with different calcs.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 11:11:21 pm    Post subject:

yes, if someone can do this i would look forward to it.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 06:38:21 pm    Post subject:

I'll probably attempt this project sometime this spring--using an AVR μController and a Flash or EEPROM chip for memory. Lately though, I've been to bogged down working on Robot War to get much of anything out of the blueprint phase.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 01:10:49 am    Post subject:

The 68k calcs do have something like this. Although the project was aborted due to author's lack of interest, I'm guessing, it should still work. (If you have a 3 year old shell installed...) Good luck if you're going to try and get something like it for the other calcs.
anduril66
Anduril is the Flame of the West!

Posted: 21 Nov 2003 05:38:30 pm    Post subject:

This is unrelated, but "translating" made me think of:
What do the language bytes in ti83plus.inc do?
ie.
;======================================================================
; Language localization equates
;======================================================================
LANG_NEUTRAL equ 00h
LANG_DANISH equ 06h
LANG_DUTCH equ 13h
LANG_ENGLISH equ 09h
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement