This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Marvin

Posted: 09 Apr 2008 12:09:05 pm    Post subject:

Hello to all of you,

As the title says, my Voyage 200 seems to have died on me. No amount of button pressing can make the screen even flicker. It stays perfectly blank.

I have replaced the batteries, large and smal, and tested the new ones to make sure they were fully charged. No luck. I have also tried to change the contrast the contrast (by pressing the keys to bring it up a ridiculous amount), with no change. I've also attempted a few of the "software reboots" in the stickied support thread on this forum, to the same result.

Now for all I know, the only problem could be a broken On button, and the rest works just fine. Are there technicians that diagnose/repair TI calculators (or ways to check it myself), or have I found a brand new paperweight?

Thanks for your time, and for any advice on the subject.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Apr 2008 12:14:01 pm    Post subject:

There are a few suggestions in older versions of the manual you may not have tried:

• Press and hold the 2nd key and "hand" key, simultaneously. Then press and release ON.
  • Remove one of the four AAA batteries. Press and hold (-) and ) as you reinstall the battery, and continue holding them for five seconds.
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Apr 2008 04:16:39 pm    Post subject:

I have a Voyage 200 that does the same thing. The previous owner said he left it out in the cold one night and it wouldn't turn on the next morning, so I made no real effort to try and fix it.

This doesn't really help you at all, just sharing.
Marvin

Posted: 11 Apr 2008 11:30:11 pm    Post subject:

You're right DarkerLine, I hadn't thought of those. Thanks. :)

I've tried them, with no change. I'll give them another shot tomorrow, just to make sure.

brandonw -> Heh, I just carried mine back and forth from school. I was just lucky that I only had 2 months left to my courses when it failed, so I was able to borrow a spare for my exams and such.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 06:37:46 am    Post subject:

Have you tried plugging in a link cable to it? If it is an on button issue, and you plug in the pc->calc link cable, then the silent linking routine should kick the calc on, confirming that kind of problem.

Otherwise, you could always send TI an email. They might even change it out, but no garauntees on that. Razz
Marvin

Posted: 06 May 2008 06:50:43 pm    Post subject:

(Sorry about the long delay, important stuf came up).

Ive tried all the solutions a second time (just in case), as well as the link cable tifreak8x sugggested. No change. So, I guess I can get it a pretty little funeral, or is there another way to bring it back from the dead?
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 May 2008 06:36:26 pm    Post subject:

Well, Call TI. They have been known to replace calcs.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement