This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
SonicBoom95

Posted: 09 Apr 2008 11:41:59 am    Post subject:

I'm working on my version of TD, but I'd like to see what you guys can come up with in your infinite awesomeness. *pointedly stares at Weregoose and Arcane* :biggrin:
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Apr 2008 01:07:49 pm    Post subject:

SonicBoom95 wrote:
*pointedly stares at ... Arcane*  :biggrin:
[post="122305"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmmm, not unless you know something we don't.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Apr 2008 07:44:23 pm    Post subject:

sgm wrote:
SonicBoom95 wrote:
*pointedly stares at ... Arcane*  :biggrin:
[post="122305"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmmm, not unless you know something we don't.
[post="122308"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

word, I'm a bit confused. Why are you challenging them?
SonicBoom95

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 11:04:08 am    Post subject:

It's not a challenge to just them. It's a challenge to all of you. I just happen to think that it would be entertaining to see what they would come up with.

So...are you in or not?
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 12:58:16 pm    Post subject:

Umm, am I the only person here who has no clue what Tower Defense is?
Mike_k

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 01:04:47 pm    Post subject:

You can play a version of the game here:

http://arcade.itch.com/games/random-defense/

-Mike
SonicBoom95

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 04:12:20 pm    Post subject:

Oh. So that's where it (this topic) was moved....heh. Sorry.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 09:33:46 pm    Post subject:

these days there are too many variations of the game. over all, the idea is to protect your base from incoming enemies by building defense towers, each with unique abilities and upgrade costs + stats. Every enemy you kill gives you more money (usually linear) while every wave of enemy gets stronger at a faster rate (usually exponential or something else that's faster)

my favorite is probably Onslaught.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 09:53:02 pm    Post subject:

I think the enemy strength can increase at most in a quadratic way. I don't think you've considered how fast an exponential would grow.

I'm not sure how feasible this is on the TI because of the number of objects to keep track of. Maybe in assembly...

Last edited by Guest on 10 Apr 2008 10:09:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
SonicBoom95

Posted: 11 Apr 2008 08:41:21 am    Post subject:

Aha. I get the "tracking of objects" thing. But the exponential stuff doesn't always need to be there. Consider Bloons Tower Defense 2. Hard-coded enemy encounters, yet still freaking awesome.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Apr 2008 04:35:51 pm    Post subject:

MY favorite tower defense game is Desktop tower defense and that one would be close to impossible to do on an 83 just because of all the ai code you would need for each tower and to handle tower placement.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 04:26:15 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
I think the enemy strength can increase at most in a quadratic way. I don't think you've considered how fast an exponential would grow.

I'm not sure how feasible this is on the TI because of the number of objects to keep track of. Maybe in assembly...
[post="122369"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

lol actually I've tried games where enemy strength increases by orders of e, though the initial strength is really really low compared to the strength of a basic tower. got really difficult after awhile even w/ damage chaining and other cool things. though tower defense games do take up too much time x.x
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement