This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
benryves

Posted: 13 Apr 2008 09:10:05 am    Post subject:

Yes, it would. The I²C bus is two signal lines that float high and can be driven low by any connected device (so, the same as what the calculator already supports). The data transfer protocol is, naturally, different.

Another advantage of I²C would be that you could also attach standard off-the-shelf I²C slave devices to the bus and share them on the "network"; there's a wide variety of these such as EEPROMs, RAMs, real time clocks, displays, and so on and so forth. I've written some I²C routines, but they only support a single master on the bus (ie, one calculator talking to a bunch of slave components). Maybe I should tart them up and release them as a starting point...
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Apr 2008 06:10:07 pm    Post subject:

that's pretty sweet. didn't know about those before
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Apr 2008 07:50:28 pm    Post subject:

do it then we can have msd8x like progs for all of the 83 series Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement