This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
tinewbie

Posted: 03 Apr 2008 11:15:52 pm    Post subject:

I have been unable to get the TI Graph link program to recognize my calculator I am not sure that I am doing everything correct. Does Graph Link work with the USB cable or do I need an IO cable to use graph link?

Any Ideas?

Also I have been trying to use TI Flash Studio but after installing it when i click on the program it gives me an error that says "Unable to start application - The Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded" I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I get the same thing.

Again any ideas?

Thanks.

James
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 03 Apr 2008 11:35:35 pm    Post subject:

Are you sure you have the appropriate JRE?
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 03 Apr 2008 11:49:34 pm    Post subject:

tinewbie wrote:
I have been unable to get the TI Graph link program to recognize my calculator I am not sure that I am doing everything correct. Does Graph Link work with the USB cable or do I need an IO cable to use graph link?

Any Ideas?
[post="122202"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Use TI-Connect for a USB cable.
tinewbie

Posted: 04 Apr 2008 12:05:22 am    Post subject:

Spandiv

Sorry Im new to this what exactly is a JRE?

Xphoenix

Thanks, I found out that I do have to have the other cable to connect to Graphlink.

Still need help with Flash Studio?

Thanks again

James
spandiv
-- Retired --

Posted: 04 Apr 2008 01:24:18 am    Post subject:

tinewbie wrote:
Sorry Im new to this what exactly is a JRE?

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is used to run Java programs. See http://www.jibble.org/settingupjava.php for help setting up Java.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Apr 2008 08:57:24 am    Post subject:

are you trying to learn how to program your 89 in Basic or Assembly/C?

Graphlink requires you to use an old serial link cable. No USB cable allowed. Graphlink was designed for programming basic btw.

iirc TI Flash Studio is the 68k emulator right? Don't use that. Use Ti Emu 3 Much better.

Also, if you're interested in learning how to make ASM/C games for your 89, try TIGCC

Good luck and welcome to UTI!
tinewbie

Posted: 06 Apr 2008 01:41:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks everyone.

Yeah I am wanting to learn a little programing. i am not sure which I will use yet still exploring the options. I have downloaded TIGCC also.

I really am primarily using the calculator for math functions so I am not sure that I will need to use the assembly programers. Just intrested in the different abilities of each type of programing.

I really like the EEPro program and would like to eventually write a similar program that allows me to pick from several different equations and enter in the knowns and get the answer for the unknowns.

I have realized that I cannot use the Graph Link program with the USB cable. I read that I can however Write the program in Graph Link and transfer it to my calculator with TI Connect. This should work fine for me but I have been haveing problems transfering files with TI Connect.

For some reason when I use TI Connect it shuts down the transfer and Windows gives me a error. I have used the same calculator, cable, and computer in the past with no problems. I tried using it with my TI 84 Plus and I am having the same problem.

I think it might be a Windows Problem. I am using Vista, but like I said it has worked fine before so I am not sure what to do.

Any advice?
apples377

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 02:54:58 pm    Post subject:

tinewbie wrote:

Any Ideas?

Also I have been trying to use TI Flash Studio but after installing it when i click on the program it gives me an error that says "Unable to start application - The Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded"  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I get the same thing.

Again any ideas?

Thanks.

James
[post="122202"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I and haveing the same problem with TI Flash Studio
I have java runtime and the java SDK.

any ideas?

p.s when i loaded TI Flash Studio in the command promoted with java "TI Flash Studio.exe" it come out with "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: TI Flash Studio/exe" will this help.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 04:17:47 pm    Post subject:

is it 64 bit vista because if so that might be you issue. I if remember correctly ti-connect doesn't like 64 bit vista for whatever reason you may want to try TILP though it'll take some work to set up and if you ask I'm sure someone will be able to help you get it working. Oh yeah you cannot have both tilp and ti-connect installed at the same time because they use different device drivers. So make sure you uninstall one before installing the other.
apples377

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 09:23:52 pm    Post subject:

no It's 32 bit vista and I did not install ti-connect I only installed TI Flash Studio, the SDK for the ti-89. are you saying that you need the ti-connect to run TI Flash Studio for the reedme did not say that and I would like to have the ti-connect on my older computer install so i did not run in to collisions with palm connect software
thanks,
Sam
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement