This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 08:22:05 pm    Post subject:

Well, it's actually arranging. See, I want arrange a clarinet part from a song (attitude dance, from tower of power, before someone has a chance to ask) so that it is mostly up an octave. This means that I want to use the highest note possible, which the note just over the fifth line above the treble clef staff. And it's fairly long to put in a flip folder when you write it out by hand, and hard to read, so I want to do it on the computer.
Anyway... does anyone know where to find a good, free program that is easy to use, doesen't put each individual flag thingy,(whatever you call the things on the tail. I want lines of eighths to have a bar accross groups of four.) has all the dynamics, time signiatures, tempos, automatically inserts bar lines, has accents, does divisis, has the falls(that's the name my band director uses, but I've heard others. The squigly lines that go down the staff.)
In other words, everything you can think of, and more.
Matt

Posted: 12 Nov 2003 04:38:20 pm    Post subject:

I just got one from a friend . . .although that was file sharing. I arranged a melody part for the bassoon, the instrument I play, cause my band teacher never gives us anything good and fast were always the bass.
62 52 53 53

Posted: 12 Nov 2003 05:35:30 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I'll take the name of any program that is either free(preferrable), evaluation only but with all the features(limited use demo, not as preferrable), or good and cheap(Below $60, last resort)
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 09:15:08 am    Post subject:

yeah, c'mon matt. share the name of the wonder program with all us other band members. plz?
GO FRENCH HORNS!!!
62 52 53 53

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 03:29:41 pm    Post subject:

Flugelhorns(and fliegel horns) and melophones and coronets and basoons and oboes are more interesting!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 02:06:58 pm    Post subject:

ill bet. btw, a melophone is nothing more than a marching french horn with trumpet fingerings
62 52 53 53

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 09:30:08 pm    Post subject:

So? the name is wierder and you see them less often.
AMF513

Posted: 16 Nov 2003 08:29:55 pm    Post subject:

i've never liked french horns... mine always suk. i prefer the mello.
i don't like flugel horns either.
and brass rules

whats the difference between a bassoon and a clarinet?
-a bassoon burns longer Laughing (i used to play the clarinet)
Matt

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 04:33:08 pm    Post subject:

the basoon is still the best! BTW: I made All State Band this year and was asked to play in some Orchestra.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement