This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Lachprog

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 04:44:12 pm    Post subject:

Hi.

I'm using VTI and are having a little problem.
With the Super Mario 68K level editor i have created 3 files that i really need to get saved to my computer.

But, when i try to send the file (through Var-Link -> Send) VTI just waits forever and the "Save as" box never appears. Sometimes VTI get a link transmission error, and other times it just waits forever.
I have transferred other files that were made with the same program from VTI earlier. Sometimes i have had the same problem, but i solved it by trying different stuff like renaming the file etc. earlier.

But now, with this particular save state none of that helps. I just can't get those 3 files from VTI!
I have other save states that sends all kind of files just fine, but not this particular save state.

I've tried it on another computer too, with exactly the same result.
I've also tried weird stuff like sending it to another instance of VTI, and to TiEmu, but it just don't send anything.

Any ideas of what could solve this?

I'm using VTI 2.5 beta 5
AMS 2.09
Taricorp

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 05:56:18 pm    Post subject:

I have entirely no idea, but I expect if you really wanted to, you could extract the data from your savestate. That would probably require figuring out how VTI stores the data (probably just as a complete ROM), then parsing the VAT (or similar) structure in that dump to get your data.
It might be hard, but with the right documentation, not too hard.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Mar 2008 09:54:51 pm    Post subject:

I've run into this problem with VTI before, and usually it's unresolvable without a RAM clear. It's a VTI bug, and it's a huge pain in the neck.
Lachprog

Posted: 05 Apr 2008 05:57:44 am    Post subject:

I've solved this problem now.

I tried to modyfy the 3 files and changed their name.
Also i changed the name of the save state, and it worked Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement