This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
SimonSaysBleed

Posted: 22 Mar 2008 09:11:22 pm    Post subject:

My computer will recognize the TI 89 Titanium (HW 4, OS 3.10) at first and install the drivers but after they install it doesn't see the calculator in the usb slot. I have tried using 2 different computers and 3 different cables...

Later I tried on my brother's laptop which was running Vista and it worked great, but when I went back later to send more files, it encountered the same problems.
I have tried numerous reinstalls of the drivers, TI Connect and even tried TiLP 2 and have gotten nothing.

Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

Last edited by Guest on 22 Mar 2008 09:12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Mar 2008 01:33:12 am    Post subject:

Go into windows/system32/drivers and find tiehdusb.sys and delete it, then try and reinstall the drivers, hopefully that'll cause your system to update the registry which I think is the root of your problem.

Either that or do what I said above, uninstall Ti-Connect, reinstall Ti-Connect, then try again, but don't plug your calc in until Ti-Connect is fully reinstalled. That might also fix the issue.

Other than that, I've never encountered anything that wasn't fixed by the above solutions.

Hope this helps Smile
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 23 Mar 2008 11:06:33 am    Post subject:

Ti connect can be picky too. Ive had times when it wouldnt see the calc at all but then later the same day it would... go figure.
SimonSaysBleed

Posted: 23 Mar 2008 04:16:38 pm    Post subject:

Ok, now I have found the problem. After deleting the drivers and trying again I noticed (in the device manager) that the driver is installing to an area called LibUSB - Win32 devices, instead of to Universal Serial Bus controllers.
I had deleted the LibUSB driver earlier because I thought that it was for TiLP 2..
But anyway, how do I get the drivers to install to the right place?

EDIT: Eureka! I finally found the solution. All I had to do was choose the TI Educational Device Driver from the advanced list once my computer recognized the hardware.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Mar 2008 06:53:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
gauche

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 01:31:09 am    Post subject:

I'm having a similar problem with my Ti89 and Vista at the moment.

I connected my TI89 Titanium to my computer, and added a directory to the wrong folder. Not really knowing which functions or programs belonged standard or with the package I was installing, I decided to just reset the memory on the calc - bad mistake apparently.

I did an all memory reset, with the calc still connected to the computer, and now the computer will not recognize the calculator. I've tried uninstalling drivers manually and then reinstalled ti-connect, uninstalling then rebooting then reinstalling ti-connect. I even installed TiLP and that cant even recognize the calculator.

I tried connecting it to my other XP PC - installed TI-connect and then tried to connect the calc. It failed for some reason though. The driver failed to recognize the device.

Honestly, I just got this a couple of days ago and I'm wondering if I should just exchange it for the same model and claim it's faulty
SimonSaysBleed

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 06:21:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, you may have done something catastrophic there, but I'm not sure...
Ribcakes

Posted: 05 Apr 2008 11:09:48 am    Post subject:

i am having the same problem, does anyone know where i can DL the Ti-89 usb driver? because nothing i have tried has worked

at this point Ti-connect will not even recognize that i plugged in the calc
and i cannot find the driver for the Ti in my device manager

Last edited by Guest on 05 Apr 2008 11:19:38 am; edited 1 time in total
SimonSaysBleed

Posted: 08 Apr 2008 05:33:30 pm    Post subject:

The driver is on the cd that came with the calc. The driver name is tiehdusb.sys
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Apr 2008 07:45:37 pm    Post subject:

just wondering, couldn't you uninstall ticonnect and then reinstall it and then the driver would also be (re)installed? also, the driver might not necessarily be compatible w/ Vista right? I seem to be having some issues w/ my set up too.
SimonSaysBleed

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 03:38:23 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, uninstalling TI Connect does uninstall the driver. I have been able to successfully install TI Connect on Vista and send files to my calc with it. However, that was before SP1, but I imagine it should still work...
netham45

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 Apr 2008 04:32:43 pm    Post subject:

I seem to recall the silverlink having issues with Vista, and yea, reinstalling it *should* reinstall the drivers, but if it doesn't, you can simply plug in the cable/calc and go to device manager and uninstall it.
tkoWD

Posted: 04 May 2008 04:46:33 am    Post subject:

i have the answer. check here at my post.

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=7930

just follow my instructions. hope this works for you too.
SimonSaysBleed

Posted: 06 May 2008 07:32:31 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, but I discovered the solution to this problem (the same as yours) over a month ago.
tkoWD

Posted: 12 May 2008 10:44:54 am    Post subject:

yes but i wasn´t able to install the driver from the cd because i installed tilp2 and it wouldn´t let me install the driver. so i found slightly different solution, for anyone else with the same problem.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement