This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
JoostinOnline

Posted: 06 Mar 2008 05:28:55 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I am talking to him about this too. The whole thing is depressing Sad

[offtopic]Does anyone have any idea why RevSoft deleted the post I made about Omnimaga?[/offtopic]
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Mar 2008 06:19:52 pm    Post subject:

Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz wrote:
What will we do until its back up...
[post="121133"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

oh, um, duh...

I have had a TI forum site for a few months. If any of you want to come there to temporarily replace Omnimaga, you can. I'm not trying to force anyone into this, but only if you want to. The link is http://myti.phpbb.net. I also need someone who's good at php to help me with the style. I stink at php.

Like I said, only join if you want to. I know it can't replace Omnimaga.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Mar 2008 06:40:32 pm    Post subject:

netham, if you retrieve the site, do you plan to take full administrative powers?

Last edited by Guest on 06 Mar 2008 06:41:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
netham45

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 Mar 2008 10:06:37 pm    Post subject:

Without DJ's password, I can't. He has, though, said that he is thinking about turning over ownership of the board to someone, if it gets restored, that is.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Mar 2008 10:16:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 11:36:38 am    Post subject:

Told you all it was coming, hell, I was suprised it even lasted this long, no offense.

Personally I am glad I jumped ship long ago, Kevin is a good friend of mine, but god help me if he didn't drive me completely insane with his anti-logical thinking sometimes. Still, Omnimaga.org/omnimaga.dyndns.org/omnimaga.unitedti.org/omnimaga.earthforge.com/[uhh? heh] you will be missed by members/lurkers alike.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 10:38:08 pm    Post subject:

*Sigh* Too bad it was the place where I used to get updated on some of my favorite BASIC projects *cough*AOC2*cough*, as well as post all of my projects, even if some are dead (Tarsonis) or in statis chambers (Space Trader). My bet will be that Omnimaga will come back once Kevin gets a working z80 calculator, as his 83+SE faded away a day before Omnimaga got shut down (coincidence?)...
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Mar 2008 12:37:01 am    Post subject:

The calculator problem (which is solved since it appears to only be the lithium battery being dead) was not the reason why Omnimaga closed. I had two other 83+. The reasons of the closing are stated in the page that replaced Omnimaga last week:

http://omnimaga.org

As art of camelot said it was inevitable that it would happen, as the temporary board was dying. However, I noticed a few days after closing Omnimaga that the IRC channel (which Telroth and Netham45 own) was still in operation. There was even ASM discussion when I came back on Sunday. Also some of the staff who produced music wanted me to continue keeping their music in the respective folders, even if Omnimaga died. As of now it seems Omnimaga isn't fully dead , but from now on it will be just the IRC channel and http://www.netham45.org/omnimaga/originals. As for the Omnimaga downloads I left them in the root folder on my UTI hosting package, but all my calculator programs (Metroid II, Illusiat series, ROL, XXR, etc) are gone.

I wish on my part I would have been better at expressing myself and being understood. I have tried to explain the following thing to the community since about 2006:

TheStorm wrote:
DJ Omnimaga just had more than he could handle. There are a lot of trolls out there on the internet and sadly dj sucomb to them. The feelings of many are hidden by the words of few. and once he was faced with the swarm he overreacted punishing all for the actions of few. when he deleted his site he deleted more tan just files but his and many other programmers/artists hard work. He felt that just because a few people disliked his work that every body did. But there is evidence quite to the contrary he has had multiple files featured on ticalc.org and has made rpgs with some of the longest gameplay available anywhere. His metriod games being some of the closest port anywhere and bringing many hours of fun to millions of calc gamers around the world. But his greatness came at a price. He had a low tolerance for trolling and it just got lower and lower so by the end any comment that was close to being negative got you banned from his site(which happened to me). Once it reached that point he got on many peoples bad side eventually losing may of his friends who wee once there to help him.

And it took 2 years before someone finally understood what I was trying to say. I never asked for special treatement as someone on another forum claimed while giving me a lecture on the freedom of speech and then basically telling me to shut up. I just asked for the same treatement as every other members of the community. Instead some people deliberately did everything to push me to my limits. The worst part were the people who seemed to abandon me, which really pushed me close to the edge. At some point it seemed like they joined the troublemaker sides and approved of their actions. Maybe if I was able 2 years ago to explain my situation the way TheStorm did most people who abandonned me would have understood, so it would have been much less of a burden for me to deal with/ignore troublemakers

For those who want Omnimaga to come back, it all depends of Invisionfree now. The board restoration request dating back to Jan 6th 2008 is still active. Omnimaga will not return/survive without the old board. Also there's still a possible owner change (altough I will still be around)

@CDI: Could you elaborate on "anti-logical thinking"? I have some idea of what you mean, but I cannot respond to this if I am uncertain.

Btw this post was checked by someone else (thanks art_of_camelot) before being posted, as I have been the result of many laughs lately in the community due to my crappy english.
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Mar 2008 05:48:43 pm    Post subject:

thats to bad. I go away for a while and...

in other news I am mega grounded for a while so my posts here will be very sporadic
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Mar 2008 03:26:33 pm    Post subject:

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
The calculator problem (which is solved since it appears to only be the lithium battery being dead)

I retire what I said here ._.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement