This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
stranger

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 02:07:26 pm    Post subject:

I am working on a text-only version of the card game Mafia.

The rules (for those of you who have never played)

1. one card is dealt per person. one of the cards is an ace, one is a 2, one is a 3 (multiples can be used for larger groups)
2. The person who recieves the ace is the mafia. His job is to kill off everybody without being discovered.
3. the person recieving the 2 is the detective, he tries to, through trial and error, find who the mafia is.
4. the person recieving the 3 is the doctor (or surgeons when groups get big). He saves people from the mafia's grasp. Doctors can save themselves. Surgeons must work together to save one person.
5. Each person puts his head down, and in turn, and directed by the moderator (who is not allowed to play), performs his task. The mafia kills one person, the detective investigates one person and gets a signal from the moderator yes or no, and the doctor saves one person.
6. The moderator tells a made-up story of how the mafia (unnamed, of course) killed one person, and whether or not he was saved
7. Those still alive choose one person to lynch, attempting to find the mafia. The people may use any method to convince others, from sounds heard to the fact that they are the detective.
8. this process is repeated until the mafia is lynched or two people remain. In the former case, everyone alive wins, in the latter, the mafia wins, as the two people would obviously vote to lynch the other.
9. those without a position are civilians, and only take part in lynching.

If someone wants to, an animated game would be great, and if someone would like to help on the text-only, PM me or post here, im stuck.
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 26 Feb 2008 08:07:29 pm    Post subject:

haha, I remember playing this game. Murder in the dark is fun, too.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 27 Feb 2008 09:25:40 am    Post subject:

Make sure you add a check for any players named "alexrudd" or "Alex," and kill them in the first two rounds.

Mafia would be a fun game if I ever got to play it longer... Sad
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Feb 2008 11:10:20 am    Post subject:

I actually just played mafia last thursday with a big group of people at college.

The first round I was a boring civilian, and I decided to spice it up by claiming to be the detective and pointing to a random person and calling them mafia. It ended up that everybody voted me to die for that round.

The second game, I was privileged to be a mafia member. Me and my buddy stealthily eliminated most everyone. He was caught by the detective and executed, I quickly extinguished the detective (the doctor was already killed). Then it was down to me and two others for a town meeting. I got one other to be on my side and we both voted for an innocent civilian. Thus I as a mafia member actually won a game. I think this is a first for me, I was pretty excited.
stranger

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 27 Feb 2008 05:46:26 pm    Post subject:

One time, my friends and I had someone that came late and wanted to play, so we decided, since he had a black cloak on, that we would act out the stories, with him as the mafia, the stories started to get really graphic though, and the mafia ended up with a black Hummer with blue flames and a pet grizzly named Sunny. Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement