This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
matyd

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 10:22:05 am    Post subject:

I hooked my calculator up to the computer and was using TI Connect to look through it etc. It popped a message up saying that the OS needed upgrading so I followed the instructions (Take batteries out, replace batteries, turn calculator on, and start download.) and proceeded. Well now I can't do anything.... It has a screen on there (on the calculator) that says:

"Waiting ... Please install calculator software now."

After a while or when I press the ON button it displays this message:

"ERROR! Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on."

I've tried replacing the batteries etc. I don't know how to fix this aggravating problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt
benryves

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 11:48:35 am    Post subject:

It tells you what to do; you will need to reinstall the OS.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 12:03:18 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to United-TI!

I hope you mean "TI-83+". Download this: [url="http://education.ti.com/educationportal/downloadcenter/SoftwareDetail.do?appId=126&website=US&tabId=1&eulaId=224"] TI-83 Plus family Operating System v 1.19[/url]

Pull a battery and hold the [DEL] key while reinserting it, then let your connectivity software find the calculator, and start downloading.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Feb 2008 10:43:29 am; edited 1 time in total
matyd

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 12:31:23 pm    Post subject:

Just noticed that... Yes i did mean the TI-83+ not the 82 (If there is one?)... I just tried removing the battery and holding the DEL key while reinserting the battery and all it does is show the screen that says "Waiting... Please install calculator software now."
pugboy

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 12:46:04 pm    Post subject:

Connect your calculator to your computer, then send the OS.
matyd

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 03:02:32 pm    Post subject:

It seems to be working fine now... I didn't think to resend the OS... Well hold on, when I try and resend it it says "Receiving.. Calculator Software 0%" Then from there it goes to "ERROR! Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on." Retrying to send the OS again, yields the same results.
Matt

*/edit
Disregard, that must have been because of the internet problems i've been having recently... wasn't able to access http, when that resolved it seemed to also resolve this issue...
*\edit

Last edited by Guest on 20 Feb 2008 03:06:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement