This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Rebma Boss

Posted: 17 Feb 2008 11:06:56 pm    Post subject:

There's no way I'm letting the following project take away time from my Basic+ project (Basic+ is my top prority project-wise), but this is something I can work on in my spare time.

Anyways, I don't know about many of you guys, but I'm a big fan of games involving more than just Mario and Luigi--games that have Wario, Bowser, Waluigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, you name it. So, I wanted some kind of game on the calculator that would have those characters in a battle of competition, like Mario Kart and Mario Party are. But I didn't want a port of an already-created game--I wanted something new. Then I thought, the only Mario space game is, as far as I know, Super Mario Galaxy.

Super Mario Conquest will be a space-ship shooting game, the idea being you have to be the last person standing. But it will be a RTS game--you have to mine moons, collect power-ups, and control planets to make stronger ships that will aid in your quest. In a sense, Super Mario Conquest is Starcraft using a single ship. The stronger you make your ship by careful planning, the better your chance of winning.

The Basics:

1. Super Mario Conquest will be a flash application (ASM)
2. The playable characters--Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Donkey-Kong, Koopa-Troopa, and Boo.
3. The game will be black and white (no grayscale) graphics. It will be a combination of side-scrolling (on planets) and a looking-down perspective (in space).
4. At least multiplayer against several AI characters. I'm considering a single-player campaign and a link connection (if I can get the link connection fast enough)
5. Sounds are out of the question, but there will be subtitles indicating what the character is saying. Another feature is a split-screen (in space mode only) which contains information such as ship-status, alerts, and hyperspace indicators.

Gameplay:

1. The player starts with a single ship of the least amount of power and one life. The object of the game is to be the last player alive.
2. Mine crystals from moons to make money. You can build defenses around the moons to protect them. You can also mine from planets.
3. Combat is done in one of two ways--in space, using space ships, or on planets, using hand weapons.
4. By collecting power-ups and spending mined crystals, you can upgrade your ship, trade it in for a new one, defend your territory, and even buy extra lives. How you spend your crystals determines how you do in the game.

That's the game in a nutshell. I don't know how long it will take, because Basic+ is my top priority. But this is something that maybe nobody else has thought of, so I hope that everyone will enjoy it when it comes out!

Feel free to ask questions/make suggestions. I will be more than happy to add into the credits names of people with suggestions I like--or even people who make sprites that I feel I can use!

Last edited by Guest on 17 Feb 2008 11:09:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 11:10:15 am    Post subject:

This sounds like a very ambitious project to be working on as a side project.

If you succeed in finishing this game, I think it will be well received, the idea is somewhat new and seems interesting to me.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement