This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 02:50:26 pm    Post subject:

It seems to me that TI jumped the gun a bit releasing this. They wanted to get it out as soon as possible, so long as it was funcitonal as a calculator (which is it's primary purpose). They could worry about adding programming functionality later. It is also entirely plausible that TI isnt sure exactly what direction to take with the inspire's prorgramming abilities. Thus far this is the most advanced graphing calculator they have made, and it is quite different from their previous ones. I'd say give it some time yet, I'm sure their is much more to come.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Feb 2008 02:51:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoostinOnline

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 03:25:45 pm    Post subject:

WikiGuru wrote:
hmmm... From the start of my 83+SE (v1.3) to now (v1.9) the most change I can remember is the removal of a single rom call that allows you to toggle calculator speed. not that it really matters because you can still do that with ports...
[post="120453"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would think that support for the extra flash woud be cosidered a bigger change, but that is just me Very Happy . WikiTI has a list of known changes to OS's.
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 05:57:21 pm    Post subject:

That would be the SE part Smile (it ships with 1.13)
The only thing I've noticed changed (instead of just documented) is a ROM call that was curiously only included in v.1.13. It allowed a program to adjust cpu speed, but with 1.14 it was promptly removed.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Feb 2008 05:58:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoostinOnline

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 07:50:01 pm    Post subject:

WikiGuru wrote:
That would be the SE part Smile (it ships with 1.13)
[post="120483"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I assumed that when he said 1.3 he meant 1.03, which did not have support for the SE's extra flash.
WikiGuru

Elite

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 11:10:32 pm    Post subject:

oops, sorry my bad. then again, there's not an 83+SE with 1.03 OS...
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 09:11:00 am    Post subject:

they also should have gotten rid of the 8k executable limit when they made a lot of their apps "free", but that's probably not as big a deal now because of the newer shells.
WikiGuru

Elite

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 01:37:11 pm    Post subject:

yeah, i remember back in the day when you had to 'buy' apps... never did, though. the calc came with all the apps already on it Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement