This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
SuperKoolKid

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 01:30:51 am    Post subject:

Hiya! won't bother with an intro, so let me sum things up for you on my engine. Icarus is a variable wall height raycaster, which is barely at a beta stage right now. Supported features are:
*Variable wall heights. Like Doom95, only with 90 degree walls and no windows
*Texture mapping
*Vertical and Horizontal movement, as well as looking up and down
*High frame rate. Very important

And some other stuff I can't remember right now.
Right now, I've just finished writing the Psuedo code for the new algorithm in TI-Basic on my TI89 Titanium and will port it to ASM shortly. Oh, and this is for 68k calcs.

Uses for the engine are (a) games, or (Cool what else matters besides games? jk. I'm gonna program Metroid Prime 68k for it. For more information that I am too lazy to sumerize here, I have a forum at tifreakware.net Under SuperKoolKid's projects. Plus SUPER early information, like 3 + 1/2 months ago early, when I barely knew anything about programming, on this can be found at the TICT message boards, Off topics section, under Updates on my 3d engine.

[EDIT] This will be a static library or dll, depending on memory requirements, and will be dynamic enough to where other people can program clients for it. I already have implemented much of the FAT engine's interface, such a texture format, so that those firmiliar with it will be able to pick it up easily. The rest of you will just have to take a steep learning curve!

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jan 2008 01:34:38 am; edited 1 time in total
simonzack

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 03:53:06 am    Post subject:

"and no windows"
speaking of windows, I really think that you could implement some windows for the engine, like casting rays on the next set of walls when you see an empty space, and then change the color a bit to make it transparant. It'll be really "revolutionary" for 3D on calc Very Happy
SuperKoolKid

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 09:48:13 pm    Post subject:

Sure, Windows would be easy to support. But the reason I'm not going to is the same reason why doors will be set ONLY at the top of walls; having them set anywhere in the middle of the wall is too durn complicated and SLOW! You have to draw the bottom wall, the door, then the top wall. I suppose windows could be simulated by setting two walls higher up than the one in the middle. The engine already casts rays beyond the first walls up to a point, so you would be able to see through it. It'd be kinda like having a topless window Smile.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 09:51:56 pm    Post subject:

You're seriously going to try to remake Metroid Prime?

Frick, another reason to get a 89T. Doom89, Super Mario 68k, and now this...
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 20 Jan 2008 01:37:35 am    Post subject:

Sounds cool, do you have any early screenies of it in action?
SuperKoolKid

Posted: 20 Jan 2008 04:11:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I have been working on a new algorithm, and decided to write the psuedo code in TI-Basic on the TI-89 Titanium. So it's in black and white, and it is screen shots from the "psuedo code" in action. When I get some help optimising the algorithm, I'll convert it to ASM. Here's the screenies link, and also my project thread.
http://tifreakware.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=1081

Here's where my pseudo code is posted, if you want to help. No stealing Smile!
http://tifreakware.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=1157
SuperKoolKid

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 02:09:49 pm    Post subject:

I fixxed a BUNCH of bugs, and now every graphical bug is fixed except for accessing TEXCONFIGs. So now You can have objects like towers and castles and stairs and cities and whatever!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement