This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 08:04:52 pm    Post subject:

I've decided to (finally) make the Sudoku 2.0 I promised if Sudoku 1.0 ever got HOT! in the downloads section.

Thus far, I have the generator done (in the same fashion as its predecessor), 4 difficulty settings, and 3 save slots. The GUI and enter-your-own are under construction ATM.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 07:43:17 am    Post subject:

*drool*

Could it also include a solver? i.e. you enter one in and it solves it?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 08:23:17 am    Post subject:

It could, but it then it would take up a lot more space. I haven't developed an auto-solver of any sort.
simonzack

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 05:31:02 am    Post subject:

I love sudoko, make sure you get more harder levels to keep people thinking Razz
If you do make the solver, it might be faster if you implement some rules of solving the puzzle in the program before letting the calc solve it.
Just a suggestion
Good luck on programming
Noob88

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 11:17:20 am    Post subject:

Sounds great can't wait :biggrin:

I think you should make a solver where you can input a certain amount of numbers and it will solve the puzzle for you, however if you do that, you should probably put it in a seperate program that goes along with the game, as I can't imagine that it takes up anything less than 5k bytes Very Happy
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 06:45:47 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
It could, but it then it would take up a lot more space.  I haven't developed an auto-solver of any sort.
[post="118965"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

solver's probably worth the space. Smile
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 08:15:49 pm    Post subject:

I'll work on a solver after I post the pre-release beta, 'k?
simonzack

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Jan 2008 11:59:43 pm    Post subject:

There's also those sodoko puzzles that have 9 grids like one on top, one on bottom, one left, one right, and the main grid in the middle, and those circle ones, and loads
Guess you might try them as well, they look fun Razz
SuperKoolKid

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 01:17:46 am    Post subject:

I've got sudoku on my calc and I love it! ONe thing you should add is bold lines along the 3x3 box boundaries. I though just the color thing was a little confusing. Having both would clarify things a bit
simonzack

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 03:56:11 am    Post subject:

How about implement a key for 'Hints', and a high score for time?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Jan 2008 12:15:18 pm    Post subject:

OK, look. I'll release a beta when I'm done with it, suggest stuff then, not now.

Hints are possible, but since I have no guarantee that there is only one solution for each puzzle, the hint system I had in place earlier won't work. You'll solve the entire thing, then "verify" that it's a valid Sudoku.

There are no lines in each box, but a line between each 3*3 box. It makes it easier. If you've ever tried to fit 9 rows of text, plus graphics in between, into a screen that can really only hold 10 lines of text, then you'd know that it's pretty hard.

The standard Sudoku's the limit for now Wink.
simonzack

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Jan 2008 08:16:26 am    Post subject:

lol, sorry
good luck with the beta Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement