This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Jun 2008 08:35:15 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
Well... once I can get all this attack data put in, and then I can see about organizing the attacks and listing.
[post="124410"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

nice! I'm guessing you already know how this all plays into the engine?

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jun 2008 08:36:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 10 Jun 2008 10:40:19 pm    Post subject:

lol, actually, I am sorta winging it, with Mathstuf's help. ;)

As to the celtic thing, I call it alot. I still save memory calling that 23 byte program over Asm(prgmZCELTIC. And besides, I did not want to drastically change the name of celtic, as I told Iambian I would not. And yes, data entry is super boring, but it helps get this game closer to completion... :P

And DJ is right, theta is not a good character to use in a name. At this point, I can use any first letter for a name that is beyond the letter P, so Pokemon is the first program in the list, and makes it easier to run the game.
mr. sir

Posted: 11 Jun 2008 05:22:24 pm    Post subject:

vuurrobin wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
save/load system seems to work flawlessly now, and I am cutting memory usage down slightly, by utilizing Celtic 2's ability to read from archive (why I was not doing this before I don't know...) Also did with it like I did Resource.. prgmZCE simply calls Asm(ZCELTIC, which makes things smaller the more it is called. Smile
[post="124212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't think that having a program with just "asm(prgmZCELTIC" would be a good idea. if you would change celtics name to "-theta-C", you would save as much memory as you are now and the user doesn't have to have a 23 byte program on there calc.

good job on entering all that information of the pokemon, attacks ect. must be pretty dull entering it all (I can think of more fun things to do when creating a game).
[post="124416"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why, what does theta do if it is in the name?
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jun 2008 06:54:27 pm    Post subject:

mr. sir wrote:
Why, what does theta do if it is in the name?
[post="124467"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It reduces the program's size by having less letters allocated to its name. It also saves memory each time the program is called since there are less letters to use to refer to the program. The reason why this is not done is posted previously.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
i would use as less theta letters as possible in program names, because with some linking softwares, cables and emulators they have trouble sending. Somtimes they change to ] or [ when sent on calc
[post="124420"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jun 2008 06:56:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 10:17:25 am    Post subject:

and any program starting with theta will appear last in the program list, so it wont bother the user that much. but I was using theta just as an example. you could also just use 'Z'.

as for keeping celtic in the program name, if you really want it then keep it that way Smile .
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 10:33:44 am    Post subject:

Yeah ti connect handles theta by renaming it as thetaceltic or w/e but msd8x and tilp leave the name as it is so the computer has issues moving or renaming it. Which is where the issues occur.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 12:29:42 pm    Post subject:

Actually it depends of where the program came from and how it was sent to the PC (or the calc) I think. I remember files containing the Theta character sent fine with TI-Graph Link software, but when sent to TI-83+ Flash Debugger/SDK emulator they would change to ]. However, if sent with TI-Connect it worked fine. Also I remember having this problem with either PTI and WabbitEmu a few times with both linking softwares, but with PTI it was an old version and it worked fine if the files were grouped, but WabbitEmu never handled groups properly so you had to send them ungrouped. I am unsure though but I recall some linking softwares saving Theta character as À or _ and when it was saved as _ it usually got renamed as [ on anything that isn't VTI
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 01:17:35 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, something along those lines, I remember it always renaming it to the A character, which was annoying, to say the least.

As to the progress of pokemon, I am slowly adding in the attack data. I am also kind of giving my aod86 game a little bit of attention, to see if I cannot get that finished and posted.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 02:25:01 pm    Post subject:

woot! An 86 version, I'll get some use out of that hehe. Smile
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 03:15:10 pm    Post subject:

lol same, I haven't had anything new to play on mine either.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 10:21:40 pm    Post subject:

Well, playing pokémon will require me at least 20 sets of batteries for sure, if i use my old 83+SE, because they won't last more than 2 days in it. Else I guess I could always remove them everytime I turn my calc OFF since I have a new lithium battery

Else I guess i will just try it in emulator if the emulator can accept that many files
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 07 Jul 2008 07:36:10 am    Post subject:

Well, AOD86 is in beta now (can be found on my forums) and I have started in on pokemon yet again. At this point, I have 114 of 165 of the attack lists completed. After that, not sure where to head off to, but I am sure I will figure it out. :P

@DJ: I was using wabbitemu for screenshotting, so it at the very least has no problems loading the files.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 07:43:25 am    Post subject:

I have completed the attack lists, have created the type charts, and am now working on getting the random encounter system working. Hopefully will have some major progress made on that over the weekend.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 09:58:48 am    Post subject:

nice job. does this mean that battles will be next?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 11:09:15 am    Post subject:

That and the events system. I have to set it up so you can get your first pokemon. Smile
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 07:02:41 pm    Post subject:

nice! so soon we can have a party?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 08:42:48 pm    Post subject:

possibly, I am trying to get with Mathstuf, to assist me with the rate of seeing wild pokemon, etc. I just have the weighted dice system set up.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 11:04:46 pm    Post subject:

I finally got the start of it going now. The random encounter system has been started. At this moment, the data to cause random encounters is simply stored when it looks for which map program to run. That will of course change once I get a working battle engine, etc. Anyways, a screenshot for your enjoyment:

Stat Generation will be next.
vanchagreen

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 08:47:16 am    Post subject:

Looks good, except for the fact that you can still encounter Pokemon even if you're not on grass.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 09:10:19 am    Post subject:

It only looks like that for now. It checks to see when you moved if you are on a * to see if it needs to check for encounters.

Edit:

This should address the problem a little better, yes?

I am thinking about setting up a pic that is all black to use with this. Then it would be a matter of Rclpic Pic :Disp in a For( loop for a short bit. :)

Edit2:

So, here is that effect, let me know if you like it, hate it, want it to stay, leave, etc..

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jul 2008 10:11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement