This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
asdf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 11:49:14 pm    Post subject:

If you want any assembly programs to do any calculations for you, let me know Wink
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 25 Aug 2008 09:11:12 pm    Post subject:

Heh, still trying to do with minimal asm. Thanks for the offer. Razz If I cannot find a way to make things go faster, I might take someone up on that kind of offer. Bad thing is, I am not really sure what part of it all is slowing things up. :/
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Sep 2008 10:50:46 pm    Post subject:

Well, been working on removing unneeded programs and such, and guess what? I have done just that. I have removed 16 programs, and added 3 to take their places. Not too shabby, eh? :D

This has saved me a total of 5020 bytes, by combining programs, removing If commands, and making it so Celtic2 can simply read the lines from the archive. I just have to go through the trouble of reprogramming certain programs for the changes. Ah well, should make things move faster loading wise.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 08:43:21 pm    Post subject:

good Smile nice to hear some progress. especially that postive
Snipes17

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 11:48:20 pm    Post subject:

Basic is weird, in that there is always something to optimize, especially in giant programs. I think it helps to write out the code in pencil or print it out. Then I edit, optimize, and re-arrange the code until it works better. It never fails that I miss something on the LCD that I can see so easily on the paper. Good luck to you on completing this!
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Sep 2008 09:02:36 am    Post subject:

elfprince: Yeah, I was quite happy with this. Once I can get all the changes made for the code, I can see how much faster it goes. It is a shame it would take a lot of effort to make the map programs like this... However, I know it is possible. Just not sure I want to do it yet or not...

Snipes17: I know, I do write out my code on paper to see it better, however, that is not usually how my inspiration hits me. I am continuously thinking about the code, kinda shoved off in the back of my mind, on how things will work.
shadowolf

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 01:37:34 am    Post subject:

The demo's working out pretty well, but I've got a question: what are the controls?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 06:52:19 am    Post subject:

Umm..

arrows move the char and cursor
2nd looks if there is anything to look at, reads signs, talks to npcs, acts as select key
STAT gets into the ingame menu

I think those were the important ones..
SonicBoom95

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 08:12:44 am    Post subject:

One assumes you're using pics to do the screen flash? One little ASM program would make it look so beautiful...*smashes keyboard against wall in frustration at inability to use ASM*
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 08:45:56 am    Post subject:

it probably would, though I can do it in basic, and it does not look terrible, just not great. :P

I need to come up with a couple other ways for the screen to "blacken out", to where it keeps the homescreen though... maybe using the inverted = as one...
SonicBoom95

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 11:44:15 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I know. It looks good. But I have a short little ASM program lying around, and it inverts the homescreen, and as soon as you release another beta I'm hacking it to use that program.

Seriously, though. Awesome job. This is really a great project, I'd love to see it hit 100%!
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Oct 2008 09:33:09 am    Post subject:

Well, I managed to get some other programs done and taken care of, so now that that is out of the way, I am back on this.

As of this moment, I am completely redoing the pokedex system, to deal with the changes in how the data is stored on the calc. As of now, I am working exclusively on getting the information to display, then, I will see about getting the information to "scroll", and then I will see about posting up a screenshot Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Oct 2008 11:16:40 pm    Post subject:

:o

Oh noes, I gots a new pokedex! My pokemanz, let me show you them!

Oh, and, what do you think? Razz
SonicBoom95

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 08:01:42 am    Post subject:

Excellent. It seems to be running just a little slow, but the images are looking good, and the scrolling is smooth. Nice!
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 09:32:09 pm    Post subject:

Actually for what he is doing that is pretty good speed, I'd like to see you make one that is faster. Razz
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 03 Oct 2008 09:16:57 am    Post subject:

There is a chance I can get it faster by removing some of the checks in it. Mainly, because those checks are now done via the key detection. It is something worth looking into. Smile
SonicBoom95

Posted: 04 Oct 2008 02:25:53 am    Post subject:

I did not say I could make it faster, or anyone could, I simply said that I could see the speed being slightly annoying. I commend the work tifreak8x has done. I was simply commenting.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Oct 2008 07:28:38 am    Post subject:

The 'Razz' implies he is just picking on you a bit, I think. :P

Anywho, I have not yet gotten around to messing with removing some of the checking stuff... I hope that I have time for that tonight to mess with. From there, I have some new code I plan on trying out for giving pokemon their attacks properly, and hopefully it will be fairly fast. The code that has been posted in that other topic seems to have given the pokemon 2 of the same attacks, and attacks they are not allowed to have. Razz Let you know when I have more on this...
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Oct 2008 04:01:34 pm    Post subject:

vs

Think it looks faster?

What I have done is removed all the error checking for the displayer, as that should all be done through the getkey loop and detection, etc. I also added a While command in to right before the displaying of just the names, so it would go to that instead of redrawing the other few parts each time it moved. I had not realized it was doing that before hand... <.<
JoostinOnline

Posted: 04 Oct 2008 04:09:34 pm    Post subject:

Why did you use different emulators?

Edit: Nice job btw!

Last edited by Guest on 04 Oct 2008 04:10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement