This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 09 Jan 2008 11:27:34 pm    Post subject:

New topic to start off progress in the new year ^^

Well, at this time, I am working on writing up a heal pokemon party program, that utilizes Celtic2 to create a temp program, dynamically create/assemble code, paste it to the temp program, execute the program, and then delete.

Right now, in the pseudo code stage. :P

Hoping to have something to actually post about by the weekend.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 02:06:04 pm    Post subject:

woohoo, new topic and progress Laughing

but wouldn't healing just be storing the max hp into the current hp, storing max pp into current pp and resetting the status? why would you need the temp program and the assembly code for?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 05:26:02 pm    Post subject:

Well, If I just have it store like that, I will take up alot of RAM for nearly nothing. this way, it is temporary, and the only thing being taken up is less than 400 bytes of memory to make the program in the first place. Wink and, it is dynamic in a sense that it cycles through lists P1-P6 (party lists).

If you want to see what I am attempting: http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/AAA.8xg
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 09:05:35 pm    Post subject:

I looked at the code, and still don't get it. How can all this "temporary code" mumbo-jumbo be better than just running the code itself? You still need to have the original code in RAM to create the temporary program, right?
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 09:07:50 pm    Post subject:

I do believe that you can have the code in archive and make a temp program from that.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 10:12:26 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
I looked at the code, and still don't get it.  How can all this "temporary code" mumbo-jumbo be better than just running the code itself?  You still need to have the original code in RAM to create the temporary program, right?
[post="118606"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ok, a lil bettr explanation of what I was looking to do, and did, in the end.

For the pokemon party, there are 6 lists that are identical. When a pokemon is healed, 5 slots are stored over 5 other slots. Of course, there is the basic way of doing this, by going in, having the program unarchive all 6 lists, making the changes to all 6 lists, and then reacrhiving them. Just checked that, cost 479 bytes of RAM.

So, I came up with that code to essentially go through and have only one line of code, in essence, and just have the numbers changed in it dynamically. My original cost 319 bytes.

Weregoose got a hold of it, figured out a pattern, and optimized, bringing the size of the program down to 219 bytes with name. the temp program is 52 bytes (50 if I were to make it a 3 letter name instead of 5)

And, it only takes roughly 1 second longer for it to write the program, execute it, edit, execute, etc for 6 lists than just running that one program.

Now on to other things...
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Jan 2008 12:11:22 am    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
Ok, a lil bettr explanation of what I was looking to do, and did, in the end.

For the pokemon party, there are 6 lists that are identical. [...][post="118621"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Aha. That's what I was missing. Pretty damn clever.

If I'm understanding correctly, the problem is that you can't do the equivalent of the following with Celtic2:

For(F,1,6
Unarchive L<f>
mess with L<F>
Archive L <F>
End

My question is now, can you do this with CelticIII?
Quote:
TOGGLEARC
det(5,"filename")
Switches a file between RAM and ROM. The output of this will be zero if the file is in RAM, and some other number if it is in ROM.

(Or perhaps you just don't want to use CIII, in which case I'll leave you alone. Razz)

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jan 2008 12:17:43 am; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Jan 2008 01:23:38 pm    Post subject:

I finally did manage to get it to work. rewriting and threatening the life of the TI-83+ OS programmers seemed to motivate it, I guess. :P

If you want, I can repackage it, and post, so you can see what it is actually doing.

And thanks. I thought it would be an interesting way to do it too. Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 24 Jan 2008 11:05:37 pm    Post subject:

well, haven't posted lately, but there has been some slow, but steady progress. I have managed to get 105 of 151 of the attack lists a pokemon can learn by natural level up completed. Should be able to get the last 46 done tommorrow. From there, will work on the tm/hm list that pokemon can learn.

Getting so very close to begin implementing random encouters Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 11:30:26 am    Post subject:

Hi.

Sorry i have been gone for so long.. Life has been keeping me busy, on top of my primary laptop having gone south just recently, and with recent events in the community, I was kinda takin a break, workin on some other things.

I am hopeful to resume my attack on the pokemon sprites that I had restarted, at the urging of Weregoose, to get it set up to optimize for speed and size of the sprite data. If I can get some time tonight, I will probably resume work on this project, though I am wondering if some people have thought of this project as dead.. :/ Sorry bout that. It isn't, and I promise to start putting up some updates.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 05:23:17 pm    Post subject:

nice to hear from ya again!

too bad about the laptop Sad
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 07:26:33 pm    Post subject:

Yeah.. :/

Oh well, hopefully it will be something simple and I can have my main system back soon. In the mean time, I have a couple backup machines that I can partially continue my work on, so it won't slow me down much, considering things were not moving at all before... XD Razz
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 08:44:25 pm    Post subject:

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/ss/92.bmp

Looking for some help with this one. Basically, if you could make it look decent, all I need is the full hex, for the 32x32 pic. Use Sprite2hex to make that easier. Your help would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

edit: fixed link

Last edited by Guest on 27 Mar 2008 09:56:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 12:06:51 pm    Post subject:

No, I do believe it's still broken. It's a gif file, not a bmp.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 07:02:48 pm    Post subject:

lol, oops XD

I thought it was bmp.. since all the original ones were. ;)

It does not really matter at this point, someone was kind enough to do it last night, so I can get it accomplished really quick like, and I can continue. Smile
simonzack

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 04 Apr 2008 01:57:42 am    Post subject:

good luck with the new sprite!
Haven't posted here for ages as well, sry! Razz
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Apr 2008 08:22:06 am    Post subject:

Heh, its done and on the calc, was working on.. Marowak? I don't remember now. Will see about getting back to it tonight.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 10 Apr 2008 11:00:40 am    Post subject:

36 pokemon sprites remain.. then onto getting rid of the "useless" data on them.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 17 May 2008 08:08:50 pm    Post subject:

Ok... since this is sort of off the wall, though still part of pokemon.. and is following the line of the sprite compressing.. :P

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/s...ecompressor.zip

I decided to just have the calc do all the work for me, save me the trouble.. even after going through them all and placing them on paper, and leaving mistakes... :P

I believe that all bugs have been killed in this... Please check it out, see what you think, and see if you happen to stumble across any bugs. :D

Code:
File Name:  Old  New
ZPM1:     4,363  3,015
ZPM2:     4,440  2,900
ZPM3:     4,325  3,059
ZPM4:     4,440  3,384
ZPM5:     4,135  2,692
ZPM6:     4,257  2,950

Totals:     25,960  18,000

Edit:

Well, I managed to work on updating the basic pokedex.. and it seems that my little scheme did not work like I wanted it to... I have to get it set up to where it does not replace the last "0" at the end of an 8 char string if it is the only 0 at the end, or I am going to have to rewrite the G part of the sprite displayer... I think I will take a look at the code for that first...

Last edited by Guest on 17 May 2008 10:04:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 18 May 2008 08:12:19 pm    Post subject:

http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/f...asicpokedex.zip

Well, if some would be so kind as to go through the sprites real quick and help me out on seeing if the sprites look correct (trust me, if there is an error, you would know pretty quick like Razz )

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement