This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 02:43:04 am    Post subject:

anyway, for all of you there wondering where i have been....
just wanted to say that i am truly sorry for not being active for months....

it is just that college gives a lot of work.... so it really consumes most of my free time..........

but dont worry, i will try and see if i can be active and keep my programming going........
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 07:09:03 am    Post subject:

Thats OK Glen, school is far more important, so its good to see you're making wise choices with what little time you do have.

As for me, I haven't been coding on Zabotage (or much of anything else) at all the last several weeks, I need to create a simple installer for it, and some minor documentation, then release it and worry about bug fixes and more features later on. The fact is I just haven't been in much of a programming mood at all lately.

--AlienCC
aloha

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 02:06:02 pm    Post subject:

gosh i could imagine all that college work! is it hard? and do u have hmk like everyday?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 03:32:30 pm    Post subject:

school is not important! except that you have to go if your parents make you! i don't learn anything useful in school!
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 03:50:51 pm    Post subject:

Its funny, I used to feel the same way when I was in school, and much younger. Looking back now I see the importance school plays in life, and wish I would have done better. That said, I would not be where I am today had I not gone to school.

--AlienCC
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 03:51:43 pm    Post subject:

It's not my fault you have a mental issue with putting effort into school.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 05:28:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm just saying don't waste you're life away by dropping out of school, McDonalds won't even hire you unless you are attending school, or have completed it. So if you think you're gonna land a nice job like I have done without going to school you're gonna be shocked when you find yourself living on the corner of 3rd & main under the bridge with the others.

--AlienCC
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 05:45:59 pm    Post subject:

Actually, AlienCC, McDonalds will hire anyone at least in California.

Everytime I go there, I get served by some immigrant looser who does not even speak English well. I serriously doubt immigrant workers who cannot speak English went to school.

Besides:

AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 06:05:06 pm    Post subject:

Not here they won't.

--AlienCC
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 06:29:54 pm    Post subject:

hahaha funny pic Jbirk... had to copy the link from the pic props into a new window to see though :(

i get the same immigrant thing at my McDonalds... most of their staff is hispanic.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2003 01:17:13 pm    Post subject:

Over here, you're pretty much screwed if you don't finish highschool, but then again it's pretty easy to finish it since you have different difficulty levels (like pong).

The McDonalds' over here don't just hire anybody either, but then again you're lucky if you have a job at all, not to mention one that's actually worth it.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 09:18:30 am    Post subject:

mcdonalds is very picky where i live when it come to hiring ppl. not that i need to worry about that for 4-5 years Razz
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 04:36:31 pm    Post subject:

Well, our local ones have the criteria of lifting, moving, dropping, pressing, hearing...just not necessarily related since they can't press the correct buttons OR put the stuff from the receipt in the bag.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 04:51:28 pm    Post subject:

I am not saying I want to drop out because

1. I need to go to school to get a good job
  2. My parents want me to
  3. I can talk to people at school
However, I do not learn anything I am at all likely to need in the job I want, but in order to get it, and make my parents happy, I have to go to school.

In case you wonder, the job I want does not involve McDonalds.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 04:55:38 pm    Post subject:

There is a stupid California law preventing businesses from asking whether or not you completed high school. Sales tax is 7.75% (soon to be 8%)

and, to make matters worse:

A bill was just passed requiring all street signs be written in Spanish as well as englsh.

Here is what happened:
Some Hispanic people went to the supreme court of California stating that they are disinfranchised because they cannot read the street signs and therefore cannot pass a driving test.

I am thinking what the fuck. Whatever happened to driving being a privledge, having to be able to read street signs, and take a written test in English?

Here is where it gets better:

Sience they are disenfranchised, it is up to the State to provide them with auto insurrance at no charge because they cannot afford it. Best of all, this is not available to you if either of your parents ever went to college (even if they are dead), or if anyone higher than you in your family tree went to college and is still living.

Last stupid rule:

Any illegal immigrant who comes from Mexico (sorry Europe, Canada, Asia, Austraillia, South America, and US territories) can get a California drivers license regardless of citizenship.

Here is what has been happening:

People come in illegally from Mexico by fleeing the border patrol, they are illegally in the country. Now they go to a Government agency and get a drivers license because it is leagal to drive here even though you cannot be here. Lastly, under no circumstances can law enforcement ever question you about your citizenship because that would be unfair.

I am going to move somewhere where the Government does not treat foreneers better than its own tax paying citizens.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 05:00:45 pm    Post subject:

The government never treats citizens better than foreigners, because citizens already pay taxes, but foreigners don't, so the government wants to make them want to stay in the country and have to pay taxes.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 05:01:56 pm    Post subject:

well said Jbirk! tell off that **** government!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement