This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
TI-addict

Posted: 07 Jan 2008 03:01:39 pm    Post subject:

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a new OS/Shell for TI-83/84 Plus the last time, called ChaOS. Okay, I admit, it's not completely BASIC, it is using xLIB and Celtic2 :blush: but that is only for graphics and prog/data managing.

It features/will once feature an interface with a mouse and windows, the ability to program object orientated programming in basic, acces to a file system, a method to use the GUI and run multiple programs at once by that way. You can use all this functions with a scripting system and a library. But most of all, it is fun making an OS in Basic! :P

The GUI is almost working, i've got ideas for the file system and the scripting is done. I'm sorry, I'm not able to get the program from my calc at the moment Razz , so if you're interested in cooperating email me. I'm not very active at these forums.

Please don't spam me with comments before you've seen it. ASM programmers help is also useful, There is a function that just runs some ASM command and I don't know any asm :P

I hope this project will finish!
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 12:21:20 pm    Post subject:

Better bring your swords and shields out 'cause the words "BASIC" and "Shell" or "OS" used in the same sentence has been known to start wars!

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jan 2008 06:24:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 02:41:53 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking that an interesting (if maybe impractical way to make this would be to make one app which is the main app and then occasionally run another app (using an asm subroutine) which would do the function indicated by a variable/ans and then run the first app. It would be complicated but not necessarily impossible.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 04:46:06 pm    Post subject:

But...why not just put them all into one app?
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 09:59:07 pm    Post subject:

If you have tons of features, you could shove them all in this way. And use up several app pages instead of just one.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 11:14:43 pm    Post subject:

It isn't really an os no matter what you call it because you will need ti-os to run the basic part of it meaning it can't replace it. I would call it a shell if anything but have fun.
TI-addict

Posted: 09 Jan 2008 11:33:04 am    Post subject:

I personnaly think that a peaceful protest is the best way to show your disagreement...
To everyone on this forum:

Peace man!

And yes, I know an OS should replace Ti-OS... but an OS sounds just cooler Rolling Eyes

Btw, though it is written in Basic, The mouse is still faster than in DoorsCS 6 (partially thanks to xLIB :biggrin: )

It has a library that has an empty first line, and each 'script' command just pastes "Goto" plus the two chars of the script and then runs it. The features are started with libels and end with 'return' you can run it by running the original prog...

however thanks for the idea!
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jan 2008 09:22:11 pm    Post subject:

You can make the cursor in DCS move faster. The fastest setting is 1 (the left number) and 4 (the right number).
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement