This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
lafferjm

Posted: 12 Nov 2007 10:41:59 pm    Post subject:

Back in about the eighth grade i started doing comics with stick people. I am going to start back up but this time with more of a story than just parodies of anime series. Of the choices above which should i do. The descriptions are below. These comics will then be scanned and put into a pdf for people to view.

Choice 1:An innocent person doesn't realize his family is a mob family, when one day his dad dies and he becomes the new don.

Choice 2:A geek is shunned from everyone at his/her school and finds acceptance at an online community. This then leads to some sort of trouble

Choice 3:Do one for both choice one and two
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 12:31:36 am    Post subject:

Of course you should both if you can! The more, the merrier. :)

I can envision Choice 2 rising in popularity for some strange reason Razz
Chasney913

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 07:10:16 am    Post subject:

We can't talk about stick figure comics without mentioning www.xkcd.com . Geeky, and romantic at the same time. I like the art style, too. Nothing too fancy.

The comics are non-sequitars, so it'd be great to see something like this that follows a storyline.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 09:43:56 am    Post subject:

Chasney913 wrote:
We can't talk about stick figure comics without mentioning www.xkcd.com . Geeky, and romantic at the same time. I like the art style, too.
[post="115892"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I second that. Xkcd has some great art, and ideas/scenarios I can often relate to.
lafferjm

Posted: 03 Jan 2008 11:51:03 am    Post subject:

Well now that i have been able to get some time off, production can begin. Here is the cover for the first comic. I know it is a bit hard to see, but i am going to go over it with a dark pen at a later date. Also by the skill used to draw the knife in the center, you can see why i opted for stick figure comics Smile .

Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Jan 2008 04:15:19 pm    Post subject:

looks cool. you should make it a webcomic. godaddy.com is a site where you can get your own website. It's pretty cheap, too, so you can open up your very own webcomic.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement