This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 05:32:56 pm    Post subject:

As far as I know, the forum hasn't switched to daylight savings time. Will when it?
JoostinOnline

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 05:35:49 pm    Post subject:

luby wrote:
Will when it?
[post="115412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
As soon as you start making sense Razz !
angel14995

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 05:39:05 pm    Post subject:

Yes... When will it? I see Joostin posting at 6:35 PM, yet my clock says 5:37. Wasn't the hour supposed to be dropped back at like 2 AM so it doesn't disturb much?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 05:51:10 pm    Post subject:

luby wrote:
As far as I know, the forum hasn't switched to daylight savings time.  Will when it?
[post="115412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

As far as remember, the forum would switch from daylight savings time automatically this time of year. For now, I justed unchecked the DST option in my control panel.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 05:52:08 pm    Post subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2007_problem wrote:
Any device that automatically corrected its clock to match the time changes to Daylight Saving Time, such as personal computers or VCRs needed to be updated so that the device knows of the new rules. If the devices weren't updated, they showed an incorrect time for three weeks in March and one week in November ...

Last edited by Guest on 04 Nov 2007 05:53:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 06:03:54 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
Any device that automatically corrected its clock to match the time changes to Daylight Saving Time, such as personal computers or VCRs needed to be updated so that the device knows of the new rules. If the devices weren't updated, they showed an incorrect time for three weeks in March and one week in November ...

So that's why my cartoons recorded too late yesterday! Neutral
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 07:34:26 pm    Post subject:

Aren't there a few places in the US where they don't even have DST? And I don't think that every country even has it, and considering how many different countries people on this forum come from doesn't it make sense to just have everyone switch it in their control panel?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 07:44:52 pm    Post subject:

DST doesn't makes sense astronomically; it's a convenience issue.
The Wiki article for Daylight Saving Time answers those questions.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 08:16:44 pm    Post subject:

A convience issue that gave the old men in business suits more time to play golf... <,< Razz lol
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 08:25:22 pm    Post subject:

I dont think IPB does this automaticvally. I remember at Epic Programming Studo we used IPB 2.x and it didn't had automatic daylight saving time switching. Users had to do it manually
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 10:29:19 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
A convience issue that gave the old men in business suits more time to play golf... <,<  Razz lol
[post="115431"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Personally, I prefer the DST months anyway. In the summer, I could stay out till 9pm and still have enough light to keep goofing around outside. In December, if I'm not off work by 5, I might as well not even bother. I miss you, DST! (Yes, I know the days are shorter now anyway. I'm just a DST fan altogether)

Last edited by Guest on 04 Nov 2007 10:33:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement