This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 10:28:43 am    Post subject:

do a google search for mass attack and play for a while, its quite the time waster! ive done a google search and cant find a TI representation, it seems like it shouldnt be to hard to code out, the mechanics are simple enough, therefore, since i have no original ideas, and im taking a programming class, i shall port this over as well as i can

instead of using balls i will use "rods", circles take to long.

the bottom of the rods will be in the same variable as the height of the platform, the comparison will be of that var to the other side.
to choose the size of the rods, instead of a length input, i will keep with the mechanics of the game by starting a loop. By holding up you will add to the "height" of the current rod, it will get longer, when you let go, it will leave the loop and do the addition etc.

am i missing any big points of this project? did i miss a good port already? are there going to be any major problems im not seeing?

HI Good Idea
trevmeister66

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 03:35:16 pm    Post subject:

haha yeah i've this game before, and was wondering if it'd be able to be ported to the calc also.. whoa Cool I couldn't get past level 7 part 2/4 though :hmpf:

IMO this would be a not too difficult to program and relatively fun game to play. (esp in asm :biggrin: )
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 04:14:49 pm    Post subject:

Well, I think accuracy would be an issue, mainly because of how small the screen we have (on the calc) I would like to see this game though...
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 06:37:33 pm    Post subject:

hey, good to see you again!

actually, I duno if the original game was very accurate either. Besides, most of the time, you had to memorize the weights as they flashed by the screen and use those for judgement.

ya, I thought this was a pretty fun minigame.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2007 09:32:24 am    Post subject:

i have to be missing something sad because this code makes perfect sense to me

while A=0

getKey

If Ans=25
then
while ans=25
a+1->a
getKey
end
end

End

now, when i start it up it cycles, but when i hold 25 it counts to one then it stops, and ends the big loop, which means its breaking the second loop early, which should not happen, what am i missing? i know its been a while since ive programmed but come on! dont use it you lose it i guess eh?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Nov 2007 09:44:42 am    Post subject:

The way that getKey behaves is weird, especially for arrow keys. If you've noticed, on the graph screen, when you're trying to move the cursor to the other side of the screen and hold down the arrow key, the cursor moves one space, pauses, then starts moving further. This is exactly what's happening here: when you hold down the arrow key, the calculator reads one keypress, then reads nothing for a while, even though you're holding down the key.

I can't test this on my calculator because it's dead, but changing the key you're testing for might help. Alternatively, there's an option in MirageOS, possibly in other programs as well, that disables this 'feature', it's called "quick key repeat".

Last edited by Guest on 04 Sep 2010 11:48:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2007 11:33:28 am    Post subject:

ding, there we go, i will restructure and try again, hey i learned something off topic. the first actual use for the Altair 8000, the first home computer, was manipulating loops to create interference that could be heard over a transistor radio...JUST LIKE THE TI-83 SOUND WAS DISCOVERED.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement