This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
angel14995

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 09:06:39 pm    Post subject:

'Till Death is actually a recent idea for me, pulling in my new (and extremely weird) movement system, my love of vampires, and my love of corruption of a large establishment. I've always wanted to make a working RPG and get it out into the world to show what I can do, but all my previous attempts have failed before they really started. It will be as Pure Basic as possible, incorporating some ASM libraries to help with the massive amount of programs that will probably be used. I do not expect this to be completed anytime soon, but it will be done before I leave high school (I'm a sophomore now).

That being said, here are the things I hope I will be able to implement at some time or another:
    :: 3 usable characters
    :: Many types of weapons and armor
    :: 3 distinct weapon types
    :: Storyline incorporating vampires, a corrupted church, and lots of plot twists
    :: A battle system similar, in a sense, to the Final Fantasy VII system, being a turn based real-time hybrid
    :: Maybe sound after all of the major stuff is done and I have room

So, what do you think?
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Oct 2007 09:26:51 pm    Post subject:

That sounds like a great idea. I've always loved RPGs, and your idea sounds like a good one.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 07:53:08 am    Post subject:

sounds great, I hope you have some screenshots or a demo soon.

about asm librarys, resource is probably the thing you want Wink .

how were you planning to include sound Neutral , AFAIK, only omnicalc allows sound in basic programs.

good luck with this Smile
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 09:00:54 am    Post subject:

It sounds like a great project.

I wish you all the perseverance that you will need for completion.
angel14995

Posted: 25 Oct 2007 04:01:35 pm    Post subject:

vuurrobin wrote:
how were you planning to include sound Neutral , AFAIK, only omnicalc allows sound in basic programs.
[post="114908"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Most likely I will have to use Omnicalc for the extreme version (the one with sound), or somehow extract the code for the music and make my own app, or just ask the makers if they could possibly send me something that would help. I'll figure it out if I get there.

And thanks for the support, I'll keep you guys updated as much as possible.

And I know where the ASM libs are, just haven't gotten around to needing them yet. :D

And contrary to what my post count and account date is, I am a pretty good programmer, and have written quite a few large programs, never really uploading them, and I am an active member on a couple of TI sites. So don't underestimate me... I can find out where you live Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 25 Oct 2007 04:03:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
angel14995

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 03:56:33 pm    Post subject:

Minor update:

Thanks to vuurrobin, I was able to shorten my movement code down slightly, making it run faster. I have also thought of a new idea for the battle system, but it would be kinda weird... probably sticking with the original FFVII-ish battle system.

And the checking program for landing on something is set up. Now to just add everything in...
angel14995

Posted: 03 Nov 2007 02:26:25 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I've got most of the base code except for the battle systems, shops, and menu down, just some simple hours alone will yield those soon enough. But what I got really is a screeny!

Thats the scrolling engine and the talking engine.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Nov 2007 02:32:19 pm    Post subject:

looks good Smile

did you use RPGSK2 for this?

Last edited by Guest on 03 Nov 2007 02:32:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
angel14995

Posted: 03 Nov 2007 02:35:48 pm    Post subject:

No. I try everything from scratch first. I actually made this engine off Map Editor engine (see sig).

And I actually need to figure out the problem with the talking program and =< 48 in length of Str4.

Last edited by Guest on 03 Nov 2007 02:36:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Nov 2007 02:37:30 pm    Post subject:

Oh, btw, if you're interested, in one of my given-up-after-5-minute projects I have a talking popup. A little screen pops up from the bottom, and scrolls a 14-character padded string up until it hits the end. Then it animates out and restores the background with prgmZHSLST.

It'd take about 5 minutes to get it working without the subroutines it uses, if you want it.
angel14995

Posted: 03 Nov 2007 02:39:30 pm    Post subject:

Is it on the home screen or on the graph screen? Either way, I'd like to look at it.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 06:50:43 pm    Post subject:

Sure, here it is. I'm pretty sure you can figure out what it destroys, but it does kill any list named "TEMP". N (Finance Var N) is the speed; 1 is the fastest, 999 is the slowest. (I'd stick with the slowest at Cool.
angel14995

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 08:13:35 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, I'll really take a look at it tomorrow. I am working on an assignment about Speaker for the Dead and I'm slow as heck at this...
angel14995

Posted: 12 Dec 2007 10:34:34 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I've not put anything up recently... Oh well.

So far, I've been working on the storyline just a tad in between school assignments, and I have a Greek-like mythology as something to give the game a little flourish. The general storyline I was envisioning will still be intact, but with a few tweaks.

And I have a problem I have to figure out soon. My program for the map currently takes the screen and can move it as long as it is only on that 1 map. I need to figure out the going-to-edge-of-the-map-and-change-to-another-map thing. I'll post the current code when I have the chance.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement