This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
fooe213

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:20:19 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so i followed all of the instructions from the Cirrus website on how to get started with ASM programming. I downloaded all the required files, and i wrote a really simple program in assembly. I then compiled it, with zero errors. However, when i attempt to transfer the .8xp file to my calculator, I get an error message in the middle of the transfer:

"The current tranfer failed. A retry may be successful. (8C010001)"

I do not understand why this error keeps occuring. Programs that I downlaod off the internet or that I write in BASIC on my computer transfer to my calculator just fine. Can someone please help me?
Jeffrey

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:30:22 pm    Post subject:

Just wondering, do you have a silver link cable?
fooe213

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:34:15 pm    Post subject:

yes, and it is plugged in Smile
Jeffrey

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:39:07 pm    Post subject:

Well, I would hope so!

Anyway, what many people around here complain about it the general lack of luck with the silver link cable. Personally, I have one, have never had a problem. It doesnt sound like it is with the link since you can send BASIC programs...

What program are you using to send the files, TI Device Explorer?
fooe213

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:42:40 pm    Post subject:

yeah, i use ti device explorer...I have heard that it is possible to use the graphlink software to tranfer programs, but ti device explorer looks a lot more user friendly. plus it has alwyas worked in the past for me.
Jeffrey

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:48:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, among the reare problems I have had is when I try to send an invalid file type to the calculator. If you took a normal text file and sent it to the calculator, but gave it a suffix of .8xp, it should error. Maybe try recompiling. I cant think of anything else.
fooe213

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 09:07:09 pm    Post subject:

k ill give it a try..thanks for your help
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 07:16:31 pm    Post subject:

it is the silver link, i get the SAME ERROR, but only if the file is not a basic/asm program of a small size... so PRETTY much everything gives that error... i have reinstalled about 600 times, contacted ti about it (got an answer, didnt work, told them so, got a new answer, didnt work, told them so, they asked for my contact info to talk to me about it, said they were interested in my problem, gave them the info... [couple months later] ...still no reply)

so, my advice would be to either keep trying, use Cirrus' dissassembler and type it in, or just get a new cable (not silver link)
Jeffrey

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 08:20:31 pm    Post subject:

Well, now I have a problem. I am trying to send an app with my silver link. I usually have no problem with my silver link, but now.... well the app just wont send. The transfer progress jumps to 100 percent, and sits there. It says it is trying to send to Fate TI-83+, and I dont know what that is. I left it sit for about 1/2 hour and when I came back, it said "Current transfer failed, retry may be successful" and on my calc's screen it said "Receiving Fate Ti-83 App". Im just trying to send the demo hello.app that comes with the Flash Debugger. Whats up?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 09:11:57 pm    Post subject:

it let you send a *.app file? wow... i dont think mine would allow such a thing... a .app file, i believe (correct if wrong), is just an unsigned application... so it shouldnt even allow you to send it...
Jeffrey

Posted: 29 Oct 2003 03:20:28 pm    Post subject:

No, it is an 8xk file. I must have accidentally hit a dot instead of a space in "hello.app"
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 03 Nov 2003 08:24:44 pm    Post subject:

fooe213 wrote:
yeah, i use ti device explorer...I have heard that it is possible to use the graphlink software to tranfer programs, but ti device explorer looks a lot more user friendly. plus it has alwyas worked in the past for me.

Yes it is, but guess what? Not with the USB link.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement