This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
doicomehereoften

Posted: 02 Oct 2007 11:16:57 am    Post subject:

So, I purchased a Samsung SCD363 off of Craigslist last week and it works great except that to export to my Mac, I need a driver. I downloaded the one from Samsung's Download Center that's supposed to be for all OS's but the installation is still a .exe file, so I don't think it will run natively. Can I just drag and drop the driver files themselves?

Here's a pic of the unzipped folder and the two subfolders opened below. Does anybody have any ideas of what should work?

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Oct 2007 01:57:14 pm    Post subject:

Shouldn't need a driver. You should be able to plug it in and it will treat it as a flash drive.
doicomehereoften

Posted: 02 Oct 2007 03:07:29 pm    Post subject:

It does, except that my understanding of what's going with it is that the codec to get the video out is within the driver. I can get a "video" of a white screen with the audio of whatever I recorded. That's why I'm at a loss of what to do.

It shouldn't have a problem (in my mind) since it records in MPEG4 format. Quicktime shouldn't have a problem with that, but apparently it does.

Since photos are saved as JPG, there's no problem whatsoever, so I'm kind of stumped on this one.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Oct 2007 03:49:07 pm    Post subject:

I'd start looking for another codec package that can handel MP4 because if you have audio and not video then you are missing the video codec. After some research the only drivers available for your camera are for windows.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Oct 2007 03:49:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
doicomehereoften

Posted: 03 Oct 2007 01:05:22 am    Post subject:

Ok, I figured it out. It's not the codec or the computer, it's the video camera. Apparently, Samsung had some sort of propietary agreement with MS when this camera was produced, so the USB interface only works on PC, and that's the only way to get media from the SD card while inside the camera. On the flipside, I can use Firwire to connect to my Mac and import from the DV cartridge, the only downside being that I have to wait for each portion of video to play and essentially be "recorded" by my Mac. I'm also going to try and use an SD card reader to see if that can potentially be a workaround.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement