This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Math and Science => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Sep 2007 12:42:12 pm    Post subject:

I do believe in large sea creatures that have yet to be discovered.

Quick tip to cryptozoologists: use sailboats. They can hear your motors before you get there.

(edited by your friendly Math and Science Mod for bad spelink and grammer.)

Last edited by Guest on 27 Sep 2007 07:53:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Sep 2007 02:36:54 pm    Post subject:

Err... Wow. Sorry to be obnoxious, but this reads very much like a topic from Yahoo Answers (ex. "What did u wear 2 college 2day?" or "Y do we actually dream?..wat r dreams?"). Spend a few seconds looking at what you write and think about how it portrays you, because this style can come across to many as wayward and sometimes foolish—to be perhaps overly blunt. Please edit your posts for quality before you hit Add Reply. It's not so much a matter of trying to act smart, but merely presenting words to people in a manner where they don't have to overexert themselves trying to understand you. :)

So... Do I believe in Leviathan as he is oft depicted? No. But I have a pretty good idea that there are some really big and ugly fish in the sea.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Sep 2007 02:39:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Sep 2007 02:40:17 pm    Post subject:

"Do...[I] believe sea monsters are Real?"
Monsters of the fictional sort? No.
Monsters as in really big creatures, yes.
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Sep 2007 04:11:05 pm    Post subject:

What i said was I believe there are large creatures in the oceans that modern science has no knowledge of. and the part about the boats refers to the fact that they(the for lack of a better word sea monsters) can hear the props of the boats coming from a distance thus the head the other way. remember scientists thought the Coelacanth was extinct for many years. i was hoping for you take on this conundrum. but if you want you could move it to open topic. but it is a question of science.
also the reson that sightings of sea monsters have dropped is beacause of the fact the ships propellers make a raquet thus the sea monsters avoid the ships. also legends generlly have a nugget of truth to them.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 26 Sep 2007 09:00:36 pm    Post subject:

lordofthegeeks wrote:
also legends generlly have a nugget of truth to them.
[post="113349"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...but usually that nugget of truth can be buried very deep in the pile, and it might not be the truth you would want to find. Think about this for a while... Wink
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 06:46:12 am    Post subject:

"Sea Monsters, Do U believe their real?"
I do believe in large sea creatures that have yet to be discovered.
quick tip to cryptozooligests use sail boats The can here your motors before you get there.

*you *they're
*Quick *cryptozoologists *[comma] *[period] *They *hear

Sorry, I just can't take you seriously with this kind of spelling and grammar.
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 07:52:40 am    Post subject:

I am *only slightly* tempted to move this to Open Topic... seeing that this discussion will be more speculative than scientific. On that note, it is true that there are rather grotesque-looking fish and invertebrates in the ocean depths, even those unreachable by humans.

As for cryptozoology... mokele mbebe, anyone? ;)

thornahawk
Cure

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 09:56:29 pm    Post subject:

lordofthegeeks wrote:
-also legends generlly have a nugget of truth to them.
I'm into nuggets y'all.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement