This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
lafferjm

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 08:47:32 pm    Post subject:

I am going to make a game based off my current occupation, pushing carts. If i did it i do not know if i would do it from a supervisor/manager view, or the workers view. If i did it from the workers view i would have it so you would just go out and collect them and you would have strength and stamina that would determine just how good you would be able to do it. If i did it from the supervisor/manager view i would have it so you would hire the workers. The workers would get better the longer they worked. Then you also get a budget that you would have to work by, and you could use it to help the workers out.

Which view do you guys think i should do, supervisor/manager, worker, or two games one with each?
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 08:56:30 pm    Post subject:

go for pick up the carts before cars hit them so its more of a arcade game.
also you could have it if the car hits you that you get squished Smile of course
think frogger or pacman or a combo.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Sep 2007 09:14:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
lafferjm

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 09:51:26 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about getting squished and stuff but i had something like that in mind. Also Kerm posted a good idea on cemetech. He said start off as the cart pusher then you work and end up getting promoted to manager position. I think i am going to try to do it like that.
pugboy

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 09:55:06 pm    Post subject:

Good idea. What language is it in?
lafferjm

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 09:56:42 pm    Post subject:

Pure Basic
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 10:47:44 pm    Post subject:

lordofthegeeks wrote:
go for pick up the carts before cars hit them so its more of a arcade game.
also you could have it if  the car hits you that you get squished Smile of course
think frogger or pacman or a combo.
[post="113016"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Admittedly, that's a pretty good idea. I just might do something like that in ASM Smile.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 11:48:41 pm    Post subject:

I ran across this a few weeks ago:

* Bud Light's Cart Wrangler Tribute

Heh, anyway I like the idea of having strength/stamina points. Kind of make gamers decide whether to make several trips with a few carts, or a few trips with long trains of carts.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 11:51:42 am    Post subject:

mhmm lol interesting idea, i would like a cart pusher racing game tho :D

and It's my current job too right now, altough I don't only push carts I do other stuff as well.
lafferjm

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 01:05:03 pm    Post subject:

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I don't only push carts I do other stuff as well.

I also do other things as well, like door greeting, maintenance, and stocking shelves. But anyway, I have thought of another minigame to add. You would have to drive to work and follow the speed limits and avoid other cars. If you were going to fast you could stand a chance of getting caught by a cop and having a high speed chase or pulling over for ticket. This minigame would influence whether or not you made it to work on time. One feature i do want to add with the cart pushing game is a rule that i currently have to follow. You can not push more than ten carts, if you get caught you get into trouble. I was thinking about adding it so that it might affect the yearly/30 day raise.
lafferjm

Posted: 03 Oct 2007 09:14:12 pm    Post subject:

Due to the fact that i got a D+ in my government class i will not be able to use a computer except for school work for three days. Because of this i will have plenty of time to work on this game. Expect updates and such at the end of my sentence :biggrin: .
JoostinOnline

Posted: 03 Oct 2007 09:19:47 pm    Post subject:

But you got a "+"! That is always good Smile
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Oct 2007 10:40:22 pm    Post subject:

Somehow I don't think 3 days of calculator programming was the intended response to a poor test grade.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Oct 2007 10:53:56 pm    Post subject:

This game actually sounds pretty cool, I was a little skeptical at first because of the title, "Cart Pusher". The first thing I though of was supermarkets and how tedious that could get on a busy day and then of homeless people pusing shopping carts filled with junk.

Either of those scenarios didn't really sound that appealing. But I like how you've sold the idea. It could end up being a pretty good game. Nice work so far.

(Hmm... the homeless guy version could be fun too... you could collect handouts and have to make a certain quota of money in the day. Collect donuts to bribe the cops to leave you alone, and avoid the crazy cat lady that wants to smack you with her humongous purse for being a lazy bum. Find broken radios and things to fix and pawn... I might have something here... Razz )
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Oct 2007 07:02:08 am    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
Somehow I don't think 3 days of calculator programming was the intended response to a poor test grade.
[post="113807"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Funny, that's what we said on Cemetech too. Laughing
Adamant

Posted: 05 Oct 2007 07:56:27 pm    Post subject:

You should have varying levels. You could start off working on Sundays at midnight and occasionally bring in a basket here and there. Then you could move to the middle of the day and start having to dodge traffic while maneuvering a massive line of carts through that tiny entrance in the front of the store. On expert level, you would be required to shove those motorized carts up the incline they so easily came down in the first place and deal with the bastards who bring a cart from the WalMart 5 blocks away and leave it in your cart corral.

I feel for you, bro. Razz
lafferjm

Posted: 12 Dec 2007 09:28:01 pm    Post subject:

I have made some progress on this game but not much. Most of the things that i have done have been drawn up on paper and need to be programmed in. Before i do this i have a couple of questions regarding what i should do.

First question: Would you(the player) prefer the game on the homescreen or the graphscreen?

Second question: How should i represent your line of carts? Should i use a line and if you push left you and the whole line move left, or have the carts turn sort of like they normally would, or should i just put a number in front of your character to represent your number?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement