This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 May 2008 05:36:47 pm    Post subject:

the main gun should be real time and the second turn based
El Jaque

Posted: 18 May 2008 03:52:03 am    Post subject:

that sounds good in my opinion... i still think there should be a turne based power-up though. also, how do that cool effect with you text where a line appears in the middle of the screen and opens up to show the text? (i probably didnt describe it very well, tell me if you dont understand what i mean)
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 May 2008 11:00:45 am    Post subject:

Um...I store a picture (so I can restore whatever was under it), then I use Horizontal in a For( loop to draw it. Then I draw the text, wait a bit, then use Line( with 0 as the last argument to turn the pixels off.

Currently working on recharge and map stations...I mean, did I say that out loud? Wink

Last edited by Guest on 02 Aug 2010 02:05:18 am; edited 1 time in total
El Jaque

Posted: 18 May 2008 01:59:14 pm    Post subject:

not bad... for some reason it seemed to me the text appeared along with the lines (oh dear my mind is playing tricks on me now Wink )
by the way, the picture you are storing is of the map, isnt it?
and whats a map station? :confused:
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 May 2008 03:28:01 pm    Post subject:

The picture I'm storing is every thing currently on the graphscreen...>_<

Map stations are something I won't tell people about (for surprise's sake), but any Metroid game player will know what it is.
El Jaque

Posted: 19 May 2008 12:19:57 am    Post subject:

grrr... Mad
oh well thanks for telling me how you do the cool text thingy anyways, i had better go buy metroid and figure out what does "stations" are! Laughing
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 12:05:06 am    Post subject:

Anyways, I've been kind of neglecting to work on this, mainly because I killed the freeze-time version and gone to realtime. It works fully and well now, but now I'm dissatisfied because it's so slow.

So I attached what I have so far--just worry about the main program and you'll be fine. Let me know what you think of it so far, any bugs, *cough* optimizations *cough*, etc.

I'm sorry, it just seems so slow with realtime, I have to do one of two things. 1) Optimize the crap out of it until it's fast or 2) drop real-time shots and go back to freeze-time.

Well, that and I have a billion game ideas floating around my head right now and I have to pick which ones are going to make it and which aren't.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jul 2008 12:13:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 10:41:49 am    Post subject:

Realtime speed looked fine in the screenshots, but ill download it and let you know what i think.
vanchagreen

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 11:42:56 am    Post subject:

I understand what Real Time is, but what is Freeze time?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 11:58:55 am    Post subject:

vanchagreen wrote:
I understand what Real Time is, but what is Freeze time?
Go [post="123712"]20 posts[/post] up and look at the screenshots.

Basically, in Freeze Time, as the bullet moves, everything else stays still. (This is also known as Bullet Time.)

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jul 2008 12:01:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 01:34:38 pm    Post subject:

When I run prgm AMETPI2, the background pic for the save games loads (as in your screenies) and then it crashes after a short busy indcator and gives me:
"ERR:VERSION"
"1:"Quit
the " are to show inverted text. IE it looks like a TI-BASIC menu and has only one opition under the heading, which is quit.
I seem to remeber your older one using some asm libs, did you forget to include something in your zip thus causing this crash?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 02:26:51 pm    Post subject:

I think this game requires version 1.15+ for the new symbols that were added.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jul 2008 02:29:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanchagreen

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 03:00:12 pm    Post subject:

Ok. i understand Freeze Time now. Wouldn't Real Time be better if you could speed it up, as you would be able to make the enemies dodge bullets, and counterattack at the same time as you shoot?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 03:53:01 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
I think this game requires version 1.15+ for the new symbols that were added.
[post="125108"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Probably that, and at the moment it's for 84+'s only. I use a few tokens that are only for the 84's to track time spent playing.
vanchagreen wrote:
Ok. i understand Freeze Time now. Wouldn't Real Time be better if you could speed it up, as you would be able to make the enemies dodge bullets, and counterattack at the same time as you shoot?
[post="125110"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
That's the big debate. Problem is, redrawing two-three objects every frame (you, the shot, and the enemy) is a lot slower than only one-two (you and the enemy).
Plus, the enemy moves in a looped path, so it can't be all that hard to hit it. All the enemies do is run around anyways, you only get hurt if you touch them.
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 09 Jul 2008 05:34:18 pm    Post subject:

Ahh, I have v 1.15, but my calc is an 83+SE. =( Ill have to borrow my brothers 84+ to try it out.
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 08:53:45 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I've played around with this a bit and here's my oppinon. Real time bullets do not slow it down enough for it to be a gameplay issue. It is much more realistic to me, and it still runs very fast . I actually edited out your time functions so I could play on my 83+SE for now(My brother couldn't find his 84...). As far as bugs and such, the only problem I had was that I couldnt save at save stations(I guess that's what they are), but saving and exiting with CLEAR seems to work. When I tried to save at a station it gave me an err: Undefined (prgmEREST is missing) and crashed. I also managed to get myself stuck in wall once, but I have been unable to reproduce that. I have to say, for an ASCII game in BASIC it runs really well and it actually feels like a metroid game. Keep up the good work!
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 09:45:00 pm    Post subject:

Hm...getting stuck in a wall doesn't seem very good for your health.

As for the missing prgmEREST, I'm pretty sure that went missing in one of my RAM clears. AFAIK, it only animated the restoration of your energy and missiles, so it shouldn't be too hard to reproduce.

Thanks! Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement