This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelersfan1693

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 12:41:32 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
You know, for all the talk of etiquette today, Steelersfan has the most on-topic post. Wink

Thank you maybe youll think twice before being hypocrittical next time glory
Steelersfan1693

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 12:45:01 pm    Post subject:

dxfan101010 wrote:
I dont think It was rude
Quote:
You know, instead of expecting someone to rewrite your massive excrements you call a program, you might try being polite and try asking someone to walk you through the optimization process of your code and improve your shitty coding technique. Or, optimize it yourself, you lazy bastard.

is rude

Fuck you too
Steelersfan1693

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 12:47:11 pm    Post subject:

dxfan101010 wrote:
A topic of stealearfans over on cemetech saying pretty much what we have said here in not so kind words

[topic="0"]http://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3892&highlight=[/topic]
http://cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...&highlight=

And he has been reminded about post ettiquette on both fourms as well
so maby being rude is the only way to get through.

Steelersfan1693 wrote:
dxfan101010 wrote:
This program is optimized alot it was posted as a five minute program

Your sig is funny

Are we talking about my sig(question mark)

yes i was complimenting you til you started being an a

Last edited by Guest on 22 Oct 2009 12:49:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 01:10:13 pm    Post subject:

what the... Neutral
DO... YOU... EVER... LEARN... Mad
you just quadruple posted, two of the posts contained an expletive, and they were all off topic
all this talk about post ettiquete and now this

Last edited by Guest on 22 Oct 2009 01:12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steelersfan1693

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 01:14:24 pm    Post subject:

You were provoking me
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 01:19:04 pm    Post subject:

Could both of you please calm down? Smile It might help to take some time to cool down. One option if there's a particular topic or person that's aggravating you, is that you don't have to read the topic or the person's posts.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 01:22:54 pm    Post subject:

ive already put steelersfan on my ignore list
plus we could end this conversation by having a mod lock this topic

Last edited by Guest on 22 Oct 2009 01:29:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
dxfan101010

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 03:11:47 pm    Post subject:

U are mad at me for posting a quote not taken out of contex and not twisted at all. plus i mighit not be perfect but i have learned the rules of nettiqqute?

steelersfan wrote:
yes i was complimenting you til you started being an ass

And i am definitaly not an a$$

This is a good topic when people make post worth reading.
Steelers fan is now on my ignore list as well

Quadruple posting is highly unusual

and i do not thing that Glorymxe7 was provoking you.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Oct 2009 03:19:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 05:09:49 pm    Post subject:

Split please, or maybe even close this topic and open a new one. I'm sorry, I'm just getting so sick of all this.

Off topic/inflammatory posts are very bad, but this is mostly BECAUSE they elicit so much off-topic/harmful response. Yes, we want to discourage off-topic posting, but we don't want to do so by amplifying the problem or attacking the person rather than the problem. We can argue about whose rule-breaking is the worst for as long as we want to, but that still doesn't take us any closer to "TI-Basic Optimization". Right or wrong, you're adding to the problem, even if such posts are well-meaning. Post etiquette is more than just good grammar, you know.

Also, I think his necroposting was completely justified, given the nature of the topic (Optimization Contest! Post code you want optimized here! Ticalc.org stuff welcome!)

@Steelersfan: People seem to think that you just want free help and are giving nothing in return, which is probably why they're reluctant to just optimize it for you. Weregoose, for example, rarely, if ever, gives an answer for free. Rather, he'll hand you the tools and teach you how to do it yourself.

I'd recommend going to the TI-Basic Developer, and learn a few optimization techniques and do what you can. If you showed some initiative on your part, I'm sure people would be more willing to help.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 06:31:12 pm    Post subject:

I kind of assumed this was going to stop and I wouldn't need to, but I'm gonna lock this topic (at least temporarily).
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement