This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 03 Sep 2007 10:00:35 am    Post subject:

I wish for it to be noted here that apparently, some Tor exit nodes are in the list of United-TI's banned IPs, presumably because some people are abusive jerks.

Because of this, users who use Tor or any of the Tor-based portable browsers methinks will be unable to post to United-TI unless they disable their proxy use, even if the proper login credentials are supplied.

thornahawk

P.S. To those who are about to suggest that I refrain from using Tor, I have my personal reasons for not disabling it. Neutral
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Sep 2007 03:23:18 pm    Post subject:

Any chance you could PM me the IPs in question?
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 04 Sep 2007 10:57:42 am    Post subject:

DarkerLine and any of the other staff who may be reading: don't construe my post as a complaint; I don't think IP bans are made without rhyme or reason here. I only wanted to inform others who may be using (or planning to use) Tor and accessing this site.

About the banned IPs: I've disabled logging on my Tor installation to save space on my antique computer, but will enable it now so I can send you sample IPs.

thornahawk

Last edited by Guest on 04 Sep 2007 11:00:04 am; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 05 Sep 2007 05:52:36 am    Post subject:

Yes there was some Tor IP's blocked because of abuse. It should also be noted that Wikipedia blocks the same IP's that were banned here.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement