This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 02:17:01 pm    Post subject:

This is, I believe, a good method for dealing with problems. However, my goal here is to reach a standard procedure for disciplinary measures - if anyone has suggestions, please post them. In particular, I basically pulled the duration of suspensions out of thin air and have no real reason for them. Also, if a situation, you believe, should diverge from this progression in some way, go ahead with that, since not every problem is alike.

That being said, here we go:

First warning (up to 25%)
-send PM

Second warning (up to 50%)
-send PM, mention consequences of further warnings
-depending on severity, may suspend user, or put on preview (this would be kind of silly for something like double posting or going off topic, but should be done for things like extremely offensive posts/images or anything illegal)

Third warning (up to 75%)
-suspend account for 2 weeks
-send PM (mention suspension, and that further rulebreaking = ban)

Fourth warning (up to 100%)
-send PM informing the user that he is banned forever
-suspend account indefinitely
-next person to come across this subforum with the ability to ban, will do so

Last edited by Guest on 02 Sep 2007 03:12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 12:33:25 am    Post subject:

This sounds fine for a general guideline.

A couple of the reasons I haven't been for publicily posting guidelines to getting banned:
* Some people like to push the limits for the sake of pushing them, no other reason.
* Over time some people improve a lot, they just need a couple nudges in the right direction.
* Generally I can tell if someone was just having a lapse of good judgement or being purposefully destructive.

Generally different people react different to various levels of punishment it's just psychology. The idea is to punish only as much as is needed to spark the goodwill nature and corrective behavior from the offending individual without being overly harsh. It is mainly when they have no intention of civil behavior that a ban is really in order.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement