This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 08:02:05 am    Post subject:

If you were dealing with sprites then I'd have an editor for you. But, I could create one if you like. I just need to know what number to identify each character with. (I'm assuming 0=empty)
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 08:09:30 am    Post subject:

numbers? Huh? o.O This uses strings...
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 09:49:58 am    Post subject:

vurrobin created an ASCII map editor, it's over here. I'm not sure what size maps it support though.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 03:24:43 pm    Post subject:

Making the maps for inside houses shouldn't be too hard, since they're all basically the same inside all you have to do is alter it a little. But I started making a map editor a couple days ago, so I think I'll have it done fairly soon.
Tell me if anything's wrong:
The map is stored as a string
Each row is just placed right after the previous (so if you have an n*m map, then the 2nd row would be the m+1th element of the string)
For editing, you want to move the cursor around and just place the symbol wherever you want it.

If you have any other specs you want, just PM me (or post it here for other people that want to make one)

Last edited by Guest on 29 Sep 2007 03:26:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 04:14:12 pm    Post subject:

Well, it would need to ask the dimensions of the map, and yes, it is just one long string...

You might want to look at the RPG Starter Kit2 to see the layout of things... This might almost be best as an asm program, not sure though... :/
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 05:28:32 pm    Post subject:

I don't know much asm, so whatever I make would be in Basic. The way I have mine right now is that it starts with a string filled with spaces the dimensions I want, and then a cursor moves around it (just like moving around a normal map) and hitting f1-f5 displays a list of symbols and you select one (I have it in so many so you're not scrolling through a really long list) and it changes the symbol in your current location into the corresponding location of the string and on the map.

[edit]I could use the number keys instead (or in addition to) of f1-f5 for the symbols. Also, is there any way that you think would be easiest to organize them by? like all the caps letters in one, lower case another, greek, arrows... it's very flexible so whichever way you want it would be easy to do. Or if you think another way to select symbols would be better.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Sep 2007 05:58:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 08:39:29 pm    Post subject:

anyway that would make logical sense to the user, and would allow it to be fast.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 08:43:54 pm    Post subject:

I've combined all the symbols from Kerm's program and the ones on-calc, and my total is 203. Does that number sound right to you? I've gone through all the menus. I'm just making sure I'm not missing anything.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 09:09:55 pm    Post subject:

Fairly certain that is all of them.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 12:41:23 am    Post subject:

I just finished the basics for this and now all I have to do is add in custom lists of chars (I use f1-f4 for menus of chars, so f5 can be a custom one) and refine the code. But I just now looked at Vurrobin's and the only difference between the two is that mine has different menus for chars and it can do anything greater than 8*16. Even choosing the chars looks the same. If you still want it I'll post the finished version up tomorrow.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 08:30:01 am    Post subject:

simplethinker wrote:
I've combined all the symbols from Kerm's program and the ones on-calc, and my total is 203.  Does that number sound right to you? I've gone through all the menus.  I'm just making sure I'm not missing anything.
[post="113530"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have 209 so I'm sure you are missing some Wink

I'm also using celtic3.07 to try to get some other symbols, like the black, 2nd, and alpha cursor. no luck so far Sad

I was planning to allow my editor to use smaller maps for single and dubbel layer maps and bigger maps for single layer maps, but I got a bit distrackted by my gamepack and some other stuff. I even was planning to use celtic to put the maps in a program so the user didn't had to recall the maps themself.

I am planning to finish it, but I don't know how long it will take.

and who knows, perhaps after that I'll restart working on an old idea I once had
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 12:48:34 pm    Post subject:

I found three more in the catalog (the symbols for stat plots), which makes it 206. If you count spaces there are 207. Are the other two (or three) you're talking about the cursors?
(I can't believe how similar ours' are even though I never looked at yours Sad )
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Oct 2007 11:29:39 am    Post subject:

I am counting spaces but not the cursors because I haven't found them (yet).

I suggest you look in getchar of my editor to see which tokens you have forgot.

I have looked in the ti83plus include file but I haven't found the cursorsor any other tokens that I don't have. I am going to wait until Iambian finish the token list or until someone with more knowledge of asm/the include file will take a look at it.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Oct 2007 06:57:09 pm    Post subject:

Well, I thought I would present you all with an updated screenie, of everything slowly coming together. I got the new walking engine uploaded to the project calc, and getting things tied in. Next few things to do:

1. convert all the menu boxes to the new dynamic system (didn't I already do this?! :/)

2. pray that Iambian can come up with a way for his list to string converter to read decimal values in the list elements, otherwise, a rewrite/rethink of the interior maps is in order

3. optimize

4. more optimizing

:P

After that, I will spend lots of time getting some maps done, probably through pewter. At least the exterior. The problem is going to arise from the fact that for the interiors, I need to play as I build. So for the rest of the interiors, I am going to have to set this up so you can battle and catch pokemon. So the next release is going to be really fun. Laughing
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Oct 2007 07:30:23 pm    Post subject:

Nice screenshot Smile
Keep up the good work!

But...

In the event I do not think of a way to write my program to accept decimal input, you can overcome it in this way, if you didn't understand the PM I sent you.

When you want to store the list, let's say you want to store it with the accuracy of 3 decimal places (should be nice enough for what you may be doing), then you'd store it like this:

Code:
1000L1->L1
"L1->Str0
Asm(prgmZLIST)

When you're ready to recall the list, you'd do it like so (provided, say, you've got the stored list in prgmZDAT and it's on the first line and this is Celtic II):

Code:
1->THETA
"ZDAT->Str0
1:Asm(prgmCELTIC2
expr(Str0)/1000->L1

If that won't work for you... I guess I could see what I can do about the decimal thing.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Oct 2007 07:33:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Oct 2007 07:59:11 pm    Post subject:

I am unsure, it might conflict with one of the elements, containing the amount of money the person has... :/

I will have to experiment a little bit, see what I can come up with...
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Oct 2007 07:56:33 am    Post subject:

nice

so will this mean that battles will be done before the rest of the maps?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 02 Oct 2007 09:01:13 am    Post subject:

I am hoping to have battle implemented by this Christmas as well. It just depends on how things go really...
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 Oct 2007 07:58:33 am    Post subject:

Well, spent 40 minutes last night, got most of a map editor done. Now all that is required for me to do is make the engine, and add the string, and it will be done. Well, besides testing. How far along are the rest of you? :)

Edit:

Well, things are not cooperating with me, and the system does not currently work. I will hopefully have more work done on it soon though, or someone on one of the many forums will post theirs. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 05 Oct 2007 11:53:44 am; edited 1 time in total
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 05 Oct 2007 07:14:46 pm    Post subject:

Here's what I have: [attachment=1934:attachment] [attachment=1935:attachment]. MAPEDIT is the main program and MAPCHARS is a sub. I've gotten distracted with school, so they're not completely finished yet. It can support any map greater than 8*16, it has every character I could find, and returns the map in Str1. You exit by hitting clear. To select a character, hit f1-f4 and then you'll be able to choose a character by moving under it and hitting 2nd.
Hopefully I'll be able to finish tomorrow, but since you're having trouble right now I thought this could help.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement