This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
BlackOpSource

Posted: 10 Aug 2007 11:32:55 pm    Post subject:

I just wanted to say that I am damned impressed with the intelligence and civility of the people on this board. It's like the difference in a real car tuner and a rice tuner; the real deal knows just what the hell he's talking about.

Hear Me Now And Believe Me Next Week
~BlackOpSource

[mod: edit for language as you see fit]
lordofthegeeks

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 07:16:43 am    Post subject:

you haven't met me yet have you

JK :)

I agree with him

Last edited by Guest on 11 Aug 2007 07:17:26 am; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 08:43:21 am    Post subject:

Yeah every friend I have shown this site was amazed by the the quality of these forums. (they liked Cemetech too) they thought it was cool that people used grammar and spelled out words. My grammar and spelling has inproved since going here and Cemetech.

PS. This post was typed out on my Wii. It is awesome!
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 08:47:19 am    Post subject:

TheStorm wrote:
inproved
[post="111029"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Likewise when I first arrived, I was stunned by the amount of people that didn't type in IM-lingo. Although I did have to Google a couple of key acronyms to figure out what they meant (IMO, IIRC) it wasn't hard. Whereas if you look at YouTube comments or other forums, the lingo hurts--it's readable, but it hurts.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 11:07:22 am    Post subject:

I didn't say it was perfect. Very Happy

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 11:26:54 am    Post subject:

Yeah I would say UTI is one of the top forums I've seen, but then again we are a select few compared to others. This is by far my favorite forum and I'm glad I found it.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 06:37:43 pm    Post subject:

I love this forum because people actually use their brain when posting, unlike some other forums I visit. Dry

I love this forum because the people are REASONABLE, and usually state reasons for their opinions, not just saying stuff like "z0mg, teh wii so kiddy console leh". Disputes rarely happen, and it's even rarer that they elevate to the level of flame wars. And I love the good grammar. Of course, that may be because a significant percentage of us are grammar-obsessed freakazoids. Razz
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 06:46:16 pm    Post subject:

Probably due to the fact that a greater majority of us happen to be geeks, which are only slightly different from nerds Smile.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 10:02:20 pm    Post subject:

If there are any Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans here:
Quote:
TARA: I go online sometimes, but ... everyone's spelling is really bad, and it's ... depressing.

It's good to know this is a Tara-friendly forum. :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 11 Aug 2007 10:02:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 11:03:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
  Probably due to the fact that a greater majority of us happen to be geeks, which are only slightly different from nerds smile.gif.

Hey, at least geeks and nerds are more intelligent than most of the regular Joes out there. We use good grammar because we know how to use it!

We have that going for us at least. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 11 Aug 2007 11:04:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 11:03:55 pm    Post subject:

Speak for yourself.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 11:05:28 pm    Post subject:

Yes, then to put it this way, I'd rather be a geek or a nerd than be an idiot.

I like these forums because they bring people back to reality so quickly. (haha thanks Super Speeler Very Happy )

Last edited by Guest on 11 Aug 2007 11:07:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Aug 2007 11:29:16 am    Post subject:

I like these forums because I get to click on the CLOSED button at the bottom of topics and post anyway. :)

I've only seen a few other forums with this level of ... literacy (?) and on one of them half the posts are debates. (I mean real debates, where terms like "straw man" and "ad hominem" are actually used)
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Aug 2007 03:30:28 pm    Post subject:

Ahh, another thing that I like about UTI. The moderators do their jobs. Smile
Iambian

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 05:21:27 pm    Post subject:

I like this forum because of all the good people here. It has already been said that the grammar the people use here is far superior to that of many other places, but ... I had to say it again.

The posts are good to read, and I don't have to break my brain trying to decipher their content. I also like how the disputes are also easily readable. I know it's bad of me to say or think this, but I actually *enjoy* reading flame wars here.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 05:28:53 pm    Post subject:

*Super Speler wishes he had the grammer skills of the average UTI member...
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 06:51:40 pm    Post subject:

Grammar.

I've had one of my brothers (Zandro; some members may have met him on IRC) peek over my shoulder and comment on the quality of the posts on this board. I did feel a little proud. After all, this is a great community. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2007 06:54:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 06:55:35 pm    Post subject:

Weregoose, thanks for proving my point Wink

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 01:18:06 am    Post subject:

Iambian wrote:
I like this forum because of all the good people here. It has already been said that the grammar the people use here is far superior to that of many other places, but ... I had to say it again.

The posts are good to read, and I don't have to break my brain trying to decipher their content. I also like how the disputes are also easily readable. I know it's bad of me to say or think this, but I actually *enjoy* reading flame wars here.
[post="111156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I love reading flame wars here too. Very Happy I myself try not to participate in them, but it's nice to read all the different views that people here can bring to the table. I like the wars that go on for 10 to 20 pages and nobody ever changed their views so they pretty much come out with what they went in with. (Well most times) Very Happy Also flame wars here only remain within the thread more times than not. I don't see people here carry them on into different threads. I can recall being in a war once and then going to post in another topic with the same user there and it was like it didn't even happen. Laughing
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement