This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 03:08:34 pm    Post subject:

I'll do html...(if you actually plan to use html, which I doubt)

I'll be willing to help, but can't do much asm. The problem is that there is not much to do to practice until you know pretty much asm, but you can't learn all that asm without practice.
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 03:31:27 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for you interest. The site will be based on server-side scripting, which should minimize our needs for editing html pages by hand, but still we need a fancy outfit and a good color scheme.
But anyway, let's get back on topic. I think I'm going to start a recruit campaign very soon, so we can get this site running and prove that UTI is more than just empty words.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 04:43:13 am    Post subject:

Next week I am going to tweak the guestbook.

Anyway, everytime I start to get around to it, I end up with something else to do Surprised

I have decided how I am going to fix it.

I am going to delete the dosign routine and create that small routine from nothing because at least then, I am likely to not make the same mistakes. In fact, I am hopping that I will not make any mistakes the second time Smile

After fixing the profile routine, I will make it smart e.g. if the user does not put http:// in front of a link, it will add it.

I will then fix the offline/online routine and make a feature Justin_W thought would be cool. Showing the posts in a different color if posted by an admin.

Lastly, I will then update the information, so when you click sign, it does not copy your info to a form for you. Instead, I will copy to hidden attributes, and simply print the info.

Lastly, I will go through on a bug hunt, and I will read the entire source until I remeber what everything does.

Then, I will set about two days aside to make edit/del, and the admincp/ownercp.

Lastly, I am thinking about making two options for refrest. One with message, and one without the message (will save 1 second delay and 1 page generation & download).

Finally, I have to make the users manager to set/revoke permissions, and update their profile throuh the CP.

Eventually, in the future, I will have an option to make every other post a different color, and I will make another template that tells the guestbook exactly how to display the data, so the user can decide what each post looks like.

A very long time from now, I plan to make a modcp with ban and prune. e.g. delete all post containing bad word...

I may add a url parser, bb code including smilies Evil or Very Mad , and a logs et cetera.

I am going to force myself to finish this project. Heck, I while I am at it, I may as well make it dispaly about 20 posts to a page instead of all at once, and I may want to limit a max size of a post to prevent someone from posting82M (the default allowed by an apache server). Very Happy

As you can see, this project is not easy because it is complicated. To tell you the truth, I thought it was going to be easy when I first started writing the guestbook Very Happy I mean, how hard is it to get a name and post a message?

I could make a guestbook as good as the geocities book in about 5 minutes Smile
james

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 04:34:45 pm    Post subject:

I am surely interested in making sonic(i sugessted it) Very Happy .i will help in anyway posibble and i am also intermediate in asm so i can probably help some with the acutal coding. i am working on numerous projects along with a rpg so somehow i will find time to fully perticipate in this project

whos in?

when do we start Very Happy

james Very Happy
62 52 53 53

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 04:55:49 pm    Post subject:

I'm in, and I can send keypresses over the link cord (ex: if we did a link mode where one was the "host".)
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 06:47:35 pm    Post subject:

at the main menu, there should be a multiplayer opt, and when they r both in the multip. menu, then it would have both their keypresses go to both calcs (to ensure they click on the same mode or whatever)... ok, just an idea!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 07:51:45 am    Post subject:

Or use it to not press the same option so when one of them chooses to host the other automatically chooses to be the client, or is this already taken care of before this routine ?
62 52 53 53

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 08:20:59 am    Post subject:

1 would jump to "host:", send 2 over the link chord, and then run the hosting routine
2 would jump to "guest:", send 1 over the link chord, and then run the guest routine

once a number had been pressed, the prog wouldn't accept input for a while to make sure it didn't get a reply interrupting anything, because the "sent key" would cause something to be sent back.
james

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 05:18:07 pm    Post subject:

okay so this is what we are going to need first....

a seperate section in the forum so that all the information about the project will be orginized

um we need a story to go onlong with the idea,unless we do some sort of port

we need a list of everyone who is envolved and what they are going to do with this project,for exampple i can code,do graphics and so on

um thats enough to start out with so

let my project begin!!!!!!!!!!!

o sry,our project

james Very Happy
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 18 Jun 2003 05:30:53 pm    Post subject:

well, i say we use Ducks Grayscale Routines! and then, when Nimbus comes out with its own header, and its own grayscale routines... we can switch! I suggest we do it in ION so that it is Nimbus Compatible... Mirage will run it then too...

[font="Impact"]EDIT
Since i m now the asm moderator(Thanks Jbirk! Very Happy ), i could get us a pinned forum topic, but i think an either hidden project, or just a normal project would be MUCH better...

Last edited by Guest on 18 Jun 2003 06:50:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 09:28:27 am    Post subject:

Why hide it ? Maybe some of the normal forum members have nice ideas too.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 11:31:33 am    Post subject:

ya, i guess ur right, Jbirk, could we see about getting a Sonic the Hedgehog project forum?
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 06:28:52 pm    Post subject:

If you need help with a story, just tell me what you want included,and I can make a story. I'm very creative,especially when I'm on a caffine rush!
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 04:28:36 am    Post subject:

Yes, you can have a Sonic The Hedgehog forum.

You need to IM me with the following details:

Exact Name: Sonic

Description: Talk with the hegehog devepers.

Moderators: Name1, Name2, Name3...

You need to also include yourself as a moderator, or I will forget.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 04:38:19 am    Post subject:

Why would I want to hide the forum if I create it?

I mean, hidding works on the read permission.

In simpler words, there are various groups: Members, UTI Members, UTI Staff, et cetera.

Each forum has a permission set for each member group. The permissions are Read, post, upload, ...

If read is not allowed by a group, the forum will be hidden because it would be pointless to show a forum someone cannot read (see the logic of the Invision programmers?). If they somehow get a link to the forum, it will still not allow them to read the contents.

If all forums in a category are not readable by you, the cateogry will be hidden to you as well. In other words, it takes one or more visible forums to make a visible cateorgy. (Again, very intelligent developers!). Try that with Ikonboard or YaBB, and you get an empty cateogry (ugly).

So, if I were to hide it, I would do so by disallowing read to other groups, but this would be pointless don't you think? If you are planning on keeping everything between three people only, try using private messages.
james

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 09:20:55 am    Post subject:

dont hide it,its for allmembers and guest,uti project remembr

im a moderator

james Very Happy
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 02:15:32 pm    Post subject:

so, who will be the moderators (ALL of them), i would be willing to be one...
John Barrus

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 11:09:47 am    Post subject:

I'm interested in helping with the project. (Moderator position would be cool too)
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Jun 2003 11:36:16 am    Post subject:

I'm interested in helping,too. I'm a noob at ASM but I can help with story,characters, ect. (Being a mod would be nice)
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Jun 2003 09:32:53 pm    Post subject:

I think this would be fun. I want to help. I think we should assign possitions and a have a system to assign tasks. If you think about it, communication is key here. With so many participants in one project we need more than a form to communicate. We need AIM or eproject account, those are viable solutions. this forum is a temporary one.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jun 2003 09:40:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement