This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 12:53:13 am    Post subject:

I am happy to release my primary calculator project for the last month or so, Invalid Tangram for the TI-83+/SE/84+/SE series. Invalid Tangram can best be described as a cross between Space Invaders and Tetris. Build block combos to gain powerups, then blast the enemies into oblivion while avoiding destruction. Instead of health, you have time: powerups add to your time, but enemy shots can remove it. Run out of time and the game ends. Invalid Tangram DE is based on the PC game by Josh Szepietowski and is available for both Doors CS 6.0 and Ion.

Download:
Invalid Tangram DE
Invalid Tangram for PC

Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 03:50:32 am    Post subject:

Why is this in Community News? Shouldn't it be in Project Releases?

BTW, great job Kerm! Did some of the beta testing myself in the previous version, and even with the bugs it was awesome. Now that Kerm has rolled out the final version, I'm going to try to go hardcore and see if I can get 65535 score or more... Very Happy
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 08:30:06 am    Post subject:

Once you get the trick on easy try it out on hard(wich is more like the origonal game) no more button mashing, you must use skill there. Smile as I said at Cemtech great work can't wait to see more of your projects rolling out.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 09:15:10 am    Post subject:

@Delnar: Community News is the place to announce project, etc. on Cemetech. I even posted about GSM here, heh.

@Kerm: Nice job. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2007 09:15:32 am; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 09:46:32 am    Post subject:

Thanks guys, glad you enjoy playing it. I aim to please. Smile
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 10:17:27 am    Post subject:

Bulls-eye! Very Happy
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 01:13:21 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Bulls-eye! Very Happy
[post="110392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hehe, not until he puts in the tracking shot, the third enemy type, music, and fills up the huge black space left of the main menu. Talk about big expectations... :biggrin:
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 05:46:23 pm    Post subject:

Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Bulls-eye! Very Happy

Hehe, not until he puts in the tracking shot, the third enemy type, music, and fills up the huge black space left of the main menu. Talk about big expectations... :biggrin:
[post="110405"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Lag, more lag, TONS of lag, and unnecessary extra program size. Smile
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 08:53:03 am    Post subject:

kermmartian wrote:
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Bulls-eye! Very Happy

[post="110405"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Lag, more lag, TONS of lag, and unnecessary extra program size. Smile
[post="110417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, at the speed it's running on my 83+SE, the game needs lag to be properly playable. As for the black space, I just don't get why it is there: why couldn't you just make the menu take up the entire screen if you aren't planning to fill it up with something like a giant representation of the ship...?
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 02:05:44 pm    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:
@Delnar: Community News is the place to announce project, etc. on Cemetech.
[post="110381"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dis ain't Cemetech. But really, Project Releases is only for files uploaded to UTI.
If that happens, I can merge in this thread.

Also, it is nice to see a game that allows lots of bullets on the screen.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Jul 2007 02:10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Jul 2007 07:57:33 am    Post subject:

Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Well, at the speed it's running on my 83+SE, the game needs lag to be properly playable. As for the black space, I just don't get why it is there: why couldn't you just make the menu take up the entire screen if you aren't planning to fill it up with something like a giant representation of the ship...?
[post="110433"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Well on my 84+se i have no issues playing this? And from what i know about asm adding the ship to the main menu won't take any more space so why haven't you done that yet Kerm?. Adding a third type of ship would be a good idea and would make the game cooler.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 23 Jul 2007 08:48:25 am    Post subject:

TheStorm wrote:
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
[post="110433"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Well on my 84+se i have no issues playing this? And from what i know about asm adding the ship to the main menu won't take any more space so why haven't you done that yet Kerm?. Adding a third type of ship would be a good idea and would make the game cooler.
[post="110465"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The reason he doesn't want to is because the third ship type might slow down the game, not a third ship type. If you have ever played IT for the PC, you might know that there are three enemies there: a UFO-style one (included in the calc version), the random movement one (included in the calc version), and the tracking one (not included in the calc version). The tracking one has the following behavior: turn, move to a random spot, turn to face the current player's ship direction, shoot, repeat the process. This would cause some lag because the ships would have to track the player's position and the game would have to incorporate non-vertical shots along with vertical ones for the enemies.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Jul 2007 09:31:24 am    Post subject:

The part that I was talking about with adding the ship to the menu I know that adding the third ship type to the actual game will add lag.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Jul 2007 09:32:06 am    Post subject:

TheStorm: clearly you don't know enough about ASM, because you're wrong. I'm writing only the rightmost nine bytes and filled the left 3 bytes with $ff, so adding the ship would increase the size by 192 bytes.

And Delnar is correct about the third ship type.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Jul 2007 10:31:12 am    Post subject:

I wasn't sure how you had made the title screen depending on your method it may not have made a difference. And I know that Delnar is right but he misunderstood what I was saying. but whatever it is a good game.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Jul 2007 10:50:01 am    Post subject:

TheStorm wrote:
I wasn't sure how you had made the title screen depending on your method it may not have made a difference. And I know that Delnar is right but he misunderstood what I was saying. but whatever it is a good game.
[post="110471"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree that 192 bytes isn't the end of the word. I'll try putting that in and see how it looks.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Jul 2007 07:57:54 am    Post subject:

*bump* ticalc.org articles make me happy. :lol:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articl...142/142721.html
Sting::Ray

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 12:19:16 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations on the featuring of Invalid Tangram DE! :biggrin:

On a side note, however, are you ever going to make it so that your score can be over 65,535? 'Cause I'm using the latest version that you've released, and when I hit that score, it just rolled over again...

The menu looks really nice now, though, and I love the separated highscore sheets! Smile
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 03:42:14 pm    Post subject:

Most likely he won't because that would add lag and bloat the size of the program if you don't want your score to rollover play hard.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 03:49:16 pm    Post subject:

If "bloat" means a few more bytes and "lag" means a few microseconds, then you're right. Wink
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement