This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jun 2007 07:53:12 pm    Post subject:

[attachment=1794:attachment]

[attachment=1795:attachment]

Beta release:

This is the game board.
-----------this V is your target

-----------this ^ is your laser.

The other two similar objects are the computers laser and target.

You must hit the target while protecting yours.

There is one known way to beat the computer. Good luck.

Requires Xlib v.602 or newer.

Please report bugs
you might see this somewhere else soon

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jul 2007 12:48:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 Jun 2007 10:17:17 pm    Post subject:

Hey, looks like one of the ideas that went through my head for when I created Pathways. Unfortunately, I can't download it since I'm leaving for 2 weeks tomorrow, but I have an idea as to that one method. Razz
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Jun 2007 10:44:52 pm    Post subject:

Nice job, luby!

@alexrudd: Stick around for Metroid Pi...I'm working on the readme right now.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 01 Jul 2007 12:21:47 am    Post subject:

Looks cool, you could make some really bneat laser shows with this Smile.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Jul 2007 09:02:36 am    Post subject:

note: uses xlib

why can't people say that when they upload the game instead of letting people guess why there are so many [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]real(
s :hmpf:

other than that, its a good game Smile
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 01 Jul 2007 01:34:12 pm    Post subject:

Wow, it sort of reminds me of Laser Mayhem for 68k calcs. Anyways, this game is looking great and I might give it a try this afternoon (because of the same reason as MetroidPi Dry ).
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jul 2007 01:36:07 pm    Post subject:

Um...I didn't know 83's were 68k's. I just got an idea though...

I wonder what inspired this, luby... Rolling Eyes
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Jul 2007 08:42:51 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Um...I didn't know 83's were 68k's.  I just got an idea though...
[post="109515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That game was ported to the 68k family.

Has anyone beat the computer yet?

Harrierfalcon wrote:
I wonder what inspired this, luby...
[post="109515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Huh... I wonder...
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Jul 2007 08:48:04 pm    Post subject:

As do I... *chuckle*
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 12:03:55 pm    Post subject:

luby wrote:

I have, and here is a review/bug report:

• The AI is sooo stupid! I mean, if you just play the game once or twice, you will notice a pattern in the way the AI thinks. If you just block off the paths the AI takes, it goes berserk and just moves random blocks to random places. After I blocked off it's routes, it kept on saying [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]LAI(10)=1: GIVE UP and I killed it so easily afterwards.
  • When I hit the target thing from the side, the game didn't say I won. The only way I could win is to hit the target from the front, while the AI could win by hitting the target from the side or the front.
  • Whenever the laser beam hits a block, it turns off the pixel where it bounced off (or terminated).
  • I had one case where the laser hit one of the angle blocks very near the bottom of the block, but it terminated instead of bouncing off.
  • There is a memory leak in one of the programs. I don't know what kind of memory leak it is or where it is, but I do know there's a memory leak and it leaks 900 bytes of RAM.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jul 2007 12:04:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 09:14:14 pm    Post subject:

Delnar_Ersike wrote:
luby wrote:

• The AI is sooo stupid! I mean, if you just play the game once or twice, you will notice a pattern in the way the AI thinks. If you just block off the paths the AI takes, it goes berserk and just moves random blocks to random places. After I blocked off it's routes, it kept on saying [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]LAI(10)=1: GIVE UP and I killed it so easily afterwards.

• When I hit the target thing from the side, the game didn't say I won. The only way I could win is to hit the target from the front, while the AI could win by hitting the target from the side or the front.

• Whenever the laser beam hits a block, it turns off the pixel where it bounced off (or terminated).

• I had one case where the laser hit one of the angle blocks very near the bottom of the block, but it terminated instead of bouncing off.

• There is a memory leak in one of the programs. I don't know what kind of memory leak it is or where it is, but I do know there's a memory leak and it leaks 900 bytes of RAM.

[post="109563"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1. Board size = 8*12=96 squares each square can have 16 pieces. Board possibilites=16^96. Size of AI prog=2423 bytes. There is no way to make the computer as smart as you. Also, you were being mean and playing rough. Try actually trying to win w/o blocking the computer in a corner. Also, those things you saw were leftover from debugging/programming.
2. huh. I'll work on it.
3. Saw that, didn't know how to fix it. Figured it out now.
4. Darn. Don't move there.
5. How do you know it loses 900 bytes? and After the program terminates, you get all of your mem back, even if it was a leak.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 09:54:51 pm    Post subject:

Well, I checked my RAM before running the program, then I checked it afterwards. I deleted all the temporary files it made (variables, matrixes, lists, etc.), and the RAM count then was 900 Bytes less than the previous RAM count. I don't know if what you say about program termination restoring leaked memory is true, but nevertheless that is what I noticed.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 10:04:49 pm    Post subject:

You might have missed a variable. Also, try running it again, and see if it repeatedly leaks 900-byte chunks of memory.

Is it exactly 900 bytes? Delete all variables (a RAM clear might be good) Run [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]0:Clear Entries
(check RAM here), then run the program, then run [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]0:Clear Entries again, delete all the variables the program used, and compare the memory.

Finally, my best guess is that something big ended up stored in Ans when the program exited, accounting for the "leak".
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Jul 2007 08:21:23 am    Post subject:

900 bytes? That's it! You triggered my memory. It uses [A] and [B]. Which are each about 875 bytes.
I tried to duplicate the error, but I didn't get it. Try upgrading xLIB.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 03 Jul 2007 11:49:44 am    Post subject:

xLib is v0.602b on my calc (the newest version), and I said I deleted all the matrixes, too. Hmm, it might have something DarkerLine said (either Ans or the Entries Menu). After all, I did say that the [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]LAI(10):1 appeared many times, so the entries menu might be the problem after all...I'll check later.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jul 2007 11:53:03 am    Post subject:

Programs can't affect the entries menu, so it's not that.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jul 2007 08:39:14 am    Post subject:

luby wrote:
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
luby wrote:

[post="109563"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1. Board size = 8*12=96 squares each square can have 16 pieces. Board possibilites=16^96. Size of AI prog=2423 bytes. There is no way to make the computer as smart as you. Also, you were being mean and playing rough. Try actually trying to win w/o blocking the computer in a corner. Also, those things you saw were leftover from debugging/programming.
[post="109590"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sorry about that response. I was a touch harsh. I thought you had beat the system I had set up, but there is a bug because the AI is able to snake out of trapping a lot better then what it did. I'll fix it.

I also fixed the shooting bug.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Jul 2007 04:02:21 pm    Post subject:

Beta rerelease

This new version has all those bugs that Delnar_Ersike mentioned fixed. The lack of 2 parenthasees severly impeded the AI's movement pattern.

I also took out some developer stuff (like the number in the upper left hand corner)

I will be gone for a week, so any bug fixes will have to wait. Still post them though.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement