This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
dubidoo

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 01:47:38 pm    Post subject:

Code:
(fxy,h,xn,yn,xf)
Func
local k1,k2,k3,k4,ite,xn,yn,i
(xf-xn)/h→ite
For i,1,ite
h*fxy|(x=xn and y=yn)→k1
h*fxy|(x=xn+h/2 and y=yn+k1/2)→k2
h*fxy|(x=xn+h/2 and y=yn+k2/2)→k3
h*fxy|(x=xn+h and y=yn+k3)→k4
yn+(k1+2*k2+2*k3+k4)/6→yn
xn+h*i→xn
EndFor
return yn
EndFunc

"Explaining the code"

This gets an equation for the user, a delta, a initial x value, a initial y value and a final x value.

But the variable xn doesnt comport as i expect, cause i input the following values to the function (2*x*y,0.1,1,1,1.5), we have five iterations and the five xn value is 2.

I try with other values and xn degenerates from 1.2 Sad this is, the program does the first two iterations well.

[s]PD : the strange sign is ->[/s] Fixed. -DarkerLine

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jun 2007 02:15:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 02:21:16 pm    Post subject:

First off, I think you left out an [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]h in the equations for [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]k2, [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]k3, and [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]k4. Those lines should be as follows:
[font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]h*fxy|(x=xn+h/2 and y=yn+h*k1/2)→k2
h*fxy|(x=xn+h/2 and y=yn+h*k2/2)→k3
h*fxy|(x=xn+h and y=yn+h*k3)→k4

As for the increment of [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]xn, the line [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]xn+h*i→xn should be merely [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]xn+h→xn (or else you're incrementing [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]xn by one step the first time, two steps the second time, and so forth).

You could also change the loop to [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]For xn,xn,xf,h, and get rid of the incrementing line entirely (as well as the line calculating [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]ite - in fact, the variables [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]ite and [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]i would be unnecessary).

Finally, you don't need to declare [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]xn and [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]yn as local - they already are, by virtue of being parameters.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jun 2007 02:26:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
dubidoo

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 03:39:12 pm    Post subject:

Thanks.

This is was my first program in my new TI Titanium.

The algoritm is RK4 and is well implemented, no need of h in the y argument Smile

Quote:
As for the increment of xn, the line xn+h*i→xn should be merely xn+h→xn (or else you're incrementing xn by one step the first time, two steps the second time, and so forth).

That was the problem. I fix it and now the program runs like a bull :)

Thanks for your help and your time.

I want to put the values x1,y1 in a ite x 1 matrix, this is, each value of x in a single row, how i can do that, i consult my manual and i cant get the function :(

---

Code:
(fxy,h,xn,yn,xf)
Func
local k1,k2,k3,k4,ite,sol
(xf-xn)/h→ite
newmat(1,ite)→sol
For i,1,ite
h*fxy|(x=xn and y=yn)→k1
h*fxy|(x=xn+h/2 and y=yn+k1/2)→k2
h*fxy|(x=xn+h/2 and y=yn+k2/2)→k3
h*fxy|(x=xn+h and y=yn+k3)→k4
yn+(k1+2*k2+2*k3+k4)/6→yn
xn+h→xn
yn→sol[i]
EndFor
return sol
EndFunc

The problem gets an error when it executes Sad
Without the matrix stuff the programs works :(

Don't double post. (Terms and Conditions) –Goose

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jun 2007 04:08:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 04:04:31 pm    Post subject:

I think what you want to do is put each *point* of the approximation (i.e. each (xn,yn)) in a row of the matrix, since that is the more interesting return value.

In either case, your problem is that you have to access elements of a matrix not with one coordinate - [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]sol[i]
- but with two, the row and the column - [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]sol[i,1]. If you want to be able to use only one coordinate, then a list would be a better choice.

Quote:
The algoritm is RK4 and is well implemented, no need of h in the y argument Smile
Oh, right, I didn't notice that you'd already multiplied k1..k4 by h when first calculating them. The implementation I looked at did it in the final step Smile

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jun 2007 04:10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
dubidoo

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 04:17:24 pm    Post subject:

Code:
(fxy,h,xn,yn,xf)
Func
local k1,k2,k3,k4,ite,sol
int((xf-xn)/h)ite
newmat(ite,1)sol
ynsol[1,1]
For i,1,ite
h*fxy|(x=xn and y=yn)k1
h*fxy|(x=xn+h/2 and y=yn+k1/2)k2
h*fxy|(x=xn+h/2 and y=yn+k2/2)k3
h*fxy|(x=xn+h and y=yn+k3)k4
yn+(k1+2*k2+2*k3+k4)/6yn
ynsol[i+1,1]
xn+hxn
EndFor
return sol
EndFunc

This is the matrix implementation but i get the error "invalid in a function or current expresion" and the calculator suggest the error near yn->sol[1,1], but i remove that line and the problem continues :(

Sorry for asking a lot and for my bad english.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 04:20:23 pm    Post subject:

I think you forgot to make [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]i local?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement