This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Protocol => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Protocol

» Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Jun 2007 01:43:17 pm    Post subject:

This is the forum where we post general stuff about the code, like optimizing techniques, ways to do something different...

The first is should we save some space and have our matricies compressed into lists/strings?
Pros: Less space (lots less, maybe 3000 bytes)

Cons: Potentially slower (uncompressing)

What do you guys think?
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Jun 2007 09:52:11 pm    Post subject:

When done well it's actually not as slow as one might think, however right now level loading is so fast I think that this would almost destroy a feature :/.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Jul 2007 08:48:36 am    Post subject:

shoot I think we may have some competition.

What are the reactions?
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Jul 2007 03:46:02 pm    Post subject:

Competition is healthy, Smile.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Jul 2007 01:03:54 pm    Post subject:

[s]NEWEST UPDATE OF PROTOCOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/s] not anymore

This includes the shooting part, updated maps, and Development.txt updated.

Play around with shooting (2nd). Normally, You wouldn't get the laser till later, but this is just for fun.

Damage for shooting can be added into action where noted, when SS finds his calc

Last edited by Guest on 08 Aug 2007 01:07:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Aug 2007 01:14:43 pm    Post subject:

Hm... I've been giving something a lot of thought. MAPS could be faster...

So, I experimented with using a small subroutine called MAPSS. Then, I modified MAPS so that after every matrix was a Return. MAPSS then called MAPS and when MAPS returned, It stored ans to [A]. This sped most maps up (mainly the ones closet to the begining of MAPS).

I was thinking some more the other day... What if we put MAPS into an ASM program. It would be very basic, and mostly storage. But, it would be much faster, because jp's in ASM are faster then Goto's in Basic.
My only thought was... would this spoil the whole spirit of the game? (i.e. all basic)

What do you guys think?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Aug 2007 01:17:44 pm    Post subject:

It's already Hybrid--who's going to care? Actually, I was going to suggest using CELTIC2 to read the maps from archived programs, the way I was going to do it for my xLIB Metroid. For every row of matrices, I had a program named ZMAP##, and when I was drawing a new map I converted the current map row into a string "ZMAP##" and used the current map column as the line number for CELTIC2 to read from--which returned a matrix in Str9. I suggest doing that for this, because it reads from archive--we could fit a ton more maps in, and the maps would load the same speed regardless of where you are.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Aug 2007 01:26:55 pm    Post subject:

Well, if you could get this set up, that would be great!

I don't get it, because I'm not very familiar with CELTIC2, but as long as you get it, that's okay.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Aug 2007 01:41:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, it'll be quite a bit of work, b/c MAPS also stores something to Str1--I can do it, but it'll take some time and the most recent version of prgmMAPS.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 08:13:53 pm    Post subject:

WE HAVE NEW STUFF!!
Well some stuff to know:
1. list LT is used for prgmGMENU (press mode in game)
2. prgm Popup will automatically put "The Note reads:" in front of the String unless you put a delvar P before the String is stored. Example:

Code:
//In Maps
Delvar P"The String goes here →Str1
[[9,2...

//In program
DelvarP"The String goes here
prgmPOPUP

3.Now a saving routine has been implemented. So, you can restart from the last node you passed. If you have passed the first node and press clear, you will be shipped back to the last node. With half your HP.
4.Maps can be run from archive.
5.New weapon. It emits an EMP around you, but won't work on enemies that are "shielded" from EMP's. Will disarm bombs without detonating them. press alpha
6.The Sky room is complete.

Finally, I need something from you guys please play through all the puzzles. All the way through the end. If something is too hard (like the last puzzle), please let me know. THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 09:37:09 pm    Post subject:

w00t! A new version! (I need to start helping again :blush: )

It sounds like there's some major improvements!
I'll download it and check it out. Smile

btw, putting maps in an asm program would be great. As long as it's faster, I don't care :biggrin:
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 08:18:01 pm    Post subject:

Another NEW edition!!

Contains: Minor bug fixes, 2 enemies (or place holders for) and something special!!

Also: Development updated

[attachment=1904:attachment]

[attachment=1903:attachment]
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 09:37:00 pm    Post subject:

Did I see a linerider mini program :ninja: Laughing (I've always wanted to use the ninja smily)

I checked out the new version. It's awesome!
It might need some optimization though, it's starting to run slightly slow.
I think the main menu got lost sometime ago. Fortunately, I've got a backup of it.
I'll add it back in to the collection and I'll see what I can do about the speed.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Sep 2007 07:08:52 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I've been looking for that...

I'll take a peek at prgmMAPS when I have some free time and see what I can do about making it use CelticII, since I figured a good and fast system for Metroid Pi2.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Sep 2007 07:59:40 pm    Post subject:

nitacku wrote:
1 Did I see a linerider mini program  :ninja:  Laughing (I've always wanted to use the ninja smily)

2 I checked out the new version. It's awesome!
It might need some optimization though, it's starting to run slightly slow.

3 I think the main menu got lost sometime ago. Fortunately, I've got a backup of it.

4 I'll add it back in to the collection and I'll see what I can do about the speed.
[post="112834"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Yeah, I've been looking for that...

5 I'll take a peek at prgmMAPS when I have some free time and see what I can do about making it use CelticII, since I figured a good and fast system for Metroid Pi2.
[post="112850"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1: It's an Easter egg, So, Why not?
2: I hadn't noticed the slow down at all. My buddy (one of 3 guinea pigs) has been testing the puzzles, and says only the room to room loading is a bit laggy, so if Harrierfalcon finishes that, we'll have eliminated the only issue.
3: I think I still have it, Maybe... Which reminds me, We still need a intro sequence.
4: Good
5: Nice to have you back Harrierfalcon!

Remember, We have an IRC channel #protocol, where Super Speler and I usually hang out at night, so feel free to hop in.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Oct 2007 03:49:24 pm    Post subject:

Well, As some of you know, some time ago, I got MAPS to run from the Archive. Well, as things continued, I started running into ERR:MEMORY. So, I looked at our next biggest subroutine. It was OBJINT.
I took the code and made it so it was
"OBJINT
real(10,0,2
prgmXTEMP002
real(10,1,2

Like I had for MAPS. It was way too slow on the interactions. I thought a little, and then decided the program only needed the extra RAM during MAPS. So I edited MAPSS to make XTEMP002 disappear while the Maps was running and reform after. Also as a Mem saver, I deleted [A] before finding the new Map Matrix. Right now, about 14000 bytes of stuff can run from archive, meaning only 8000 needs to be in RAM.

Nitacku, Whats the limit of stuff we can put in an app?

Last edited by Guest on 23 Sep 2010 11:56:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 05:27:12 pm    Post subject:

I honestly feel like a failure, while it was a good idea here is the best I was able to do. I took a lot of it (the stuff that didn't work well at all) apart, let's see what you guys can do :/.

EDIT: Upload didn't work for some reason...

Last edited by Guest on 04 Nov 2007 05:32:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 05:31:27 pm    Post subject:

?????
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 05:32:51 pm    Post subject:

See edit.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 07:36:15 pm    Post subject:

yeah, I'm getting .8xo :confused:

Sort of weird.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement