This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
dlrohrer2003

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 09:48:07 pm    Post subject:

I've done mine up and was just wondering if anyone else around here has.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 09:56:29 pm    Post subject:

Dude you should see Kerm's.

I haven't done anything to mine but I'm planning to because it looks horrible the way it is. But considering the condition the case is in I might be better off buying a broken calculator and swapping some plastic around. Also, anyone thought of a good substitute for those rubber pads that came off the first week or so?

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jun 2007 09:57:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 10:46:09 pm    Post subject:

I have some hardcore nonskid rubber pads meant for the legs of furniture on all my calcs. And it turns out that the kind of paint I used was a terrible idea. I'm going to swap out the case with one from a dead calc and try spraypaint this time.

Edit: Here's my calc, btw: http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?290

Last edited by Guest on 16 Jun 2007 10:46:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 10:51:38 pm    Post subject:

Hehe...I've been using a liquid Sharpie (give you one guess to the color, and let you know the last time I didn't wear a red shirt was ~2 months ago), but it requires constant touch-ups and it smudges, so I might move to something a little more permanent.

Kerm, do you ever use that for anything other than staring at Smile?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 11:03:55 pm    Post subject:

What kind of paint did you use last time Kerm?
dlrohrer2003

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Jun 2007 11:31:36 pm    Post subject:

Nice calculator Kerm. Mine just look simple in comparison.

[attachment=1739:attachment]

I used clear red for the text at the top, clear blue for the sine wave, and clear green for the flames.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 06:11:28 am    Post subject:

dlrohrer2003 wrote:
Nice calculator Kerm. Mine just look simple in comparison.

[attachment=1739:attachment]

I used clear red for the text at the top, clear blue for the sine wave, and clear green for the flames.
[post="108417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The simplicity has quite an appeal, I like it. What kind of paint did you use? I used model-painting paint, by the way. Turns out the varnish I used wasn't a good idea. Razz
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 11:56:37 am    Post subject:

dlrohrer2003: I really like your paint job. The colors work and it looks really good on the silver/clear plastic. It looks like you did a good job too.
dlrohrer2003

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 12:03:31 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, I put some work into it.

Quote:
What kind of paint did you use? I used model-painting paint, by the way.

Yeah, I used Testors clear acrylics which I had left over from my model painting.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 12:16:25 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, maybe my paint wasn't the problem then. Perhaps the varnish was wrong - did you use any finish?
dlrohrer2003

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 01:02:04 pm    Post subject:

If you mean finish as in some kind of clear coat, no. I have had to do a little touch up work on the bottom edge from time to time. That is about all the maintenance I have to do.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement