This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Protocol => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Protocol

» Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 04:57:41 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I have it sort of set up. What you will need to do is store whichever AI you want to program AE, from A0 (no enemy) to A9 and enemy X and Y locations to L1 and L2. Now all I need to do is have you guys request enemies that do specific things, and I will program them in.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 05:03:34 pm    Post subject:

Ooo! I didn't know there were hidden forums other than the members ones! Can I assume that this is available to me, you, nitacku, luby, and bananaman only?

Wait, is L1 and L2 the order in which the enemy (X,Y) moves?

Hmm...just tossing ideas around:

• Enemies that randomly explode
  • Enemies that shoot stuff

Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 05:07:10 pm    Post subject:

I'll make one that stands still and when you move near randomly explodes, should be a very easy first enemy to do.

And yes, this is hidden to everyone, thank Darkerline for his kindness.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 05:20:03 pm    Post subject:

*thanks DarkerLine greatly*

Hmm...obviously, there's the typical "I move randomly because I'm stupid" enemy, and then there's the "I follow you because I'm smart" enemy.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:23:27 pm    Post subject:

You are correct: the five of you among regular members are the only ones that can see it. However, Staff members (Super Mods and admins) can see it too. I promise I won't peek. Razz

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 08:24:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:24:43 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I kinda figured that Razz.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:45:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DarkerLine!! Smile My inbox was getting kind of cluttered...:D

So how's the enemies coming?

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 08:45:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:52:07 pm    Post subject:

Gewd, I need to come up with an efficiant hit detection technique and these guys will be ready.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 08:57:37 pm    Post subject:

Wow, this hidden topic thing is amazing.
I can't think up any cool enemy ideas at the moment, it is kinda late where I am and I am really worn out.

I just wanted to ask how to send group files and keep them in a group with TI Connect for Mac OSX. I believe ss has a mac. I can't send the pics over to run the game b/c it tries to send each pic individually even though they are grouped and so it gives errors on the names. And I tried changing the names to a regular pic name, but some of them still give me errors.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 09:01:37 pm    Post subject:

The extension should be .8xg or .83p, not .tig. To get an .8xg, just make a useless group on your calc, send it to your comp, delete all but one file in it (because you can't delete all), fill it with the stuff you need, and delete the last original file.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jun 2007 09:22:43 pm    Post subject:

I already have a group file with the PICS. When I try to transfer the group it ungroups on my computer and then transfers. I want to know if there are any preferences that will prevent it from doing that.

[Edit]
I got the files on, but still not in the group and I manually changed the pic variables so they work. It looks like a really cool idea, but I'm stuck in one location. Where it says choices choices and there are three paths. I can't figure out how to go anywhere but the left path and then I can't go anywhere from the room on below that.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2007 09:45:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 12:53:42 am    Post subject:

Hey Luby, I got the key press code done :biggrin:.
Just open ACTIONS and follow the pattern.

I'm surprised that nobody has used the upper level sprites, you know, the kind where you walk up stairs to get to, but you remain on the same floor. Like the ones in Zelda.

Reminder: POPUP can display an infinite amount of text

OBJINT is even easier to use 'cause I moved all the flag stuff into XTON. Because of this, the delay that used to exist when moving from an empty tile onto a walkable tile has been completely eliminated. Hurray! Razz

Was anyone else getting frustrated when using MAPEDIT because you had to pre-load the matrix from MAPS in order to edit it? Well, I have added a Find feature that will allow you to move around and find the room you want to edit and load it without ever leaving the editor. Much easier.

I tweaked the Menu with the scrolling background a bit. It's faster now because it only has to copy the background once instead of twice per cycle.

I re-organized Development and added some stuff too.

That's about it for now.

BTW, this hidden topic thing is way cool!

Edit: If you noticed that I wasn't on much today, that's because I had my wisdom teeth extracted today!

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2007 10:07:28 am; edited 1 time in total
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 08:53:39 am    Post subject:

How about if there is a "mother" enemy that just cranks out little enemies that shoot in a straight line. If the mother is killed, the little guys start dieing off with an explosion.
That might be difficult, but would be cool, no?

SECRET FORUM!!!!

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jun 2007 08:53:55 am; edited 1 time in total
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 12:28:28 pm    Post subject:

Sounds awesome, although it might be difficult.

I know this sounds retarded, but should the entire game map be drawn out on paper first? At least that way everyone would know where we are going with this project. The drawn out map wouldn't have to be detailed, just a general idea of what the game should be like.

Another thing, before the map is created, all the sprites and their object interaction should be coded. That way, all that needs to be done is just open up MAPEDIT and create the map.

What does everyone think of packing all the programs except MAPS into an app. That way all the user needs to play the game is MAPS. If we did this, we could create multiple 'levels' by just having different versions of MAPS. There would have to be a little bit of modification to make sure that MAPS is all the user needs to play the game. We would have to make sure that all the objects could be used interchangeably in any 'level'. It might be necessary to use more than just MAPS, as you wouldn't want each 'level' to have the same minigames/puzzles.

Do you think this could be done?
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 12:36:37 pm    Post subject:

maybe. I thought I made a current map and handed it out to everyone.

Ohh. You mean plan it out. Yeah, that would be a good idea.

Most of the sprites are done. We just need the enemies and a few misc objects.

If we had different maps, we could make a Protocol 2 or something.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 01:49:04 pm    Post subject:

Exactly.
Protocol 2 would be the exact same as Protocol 1 except that MAPS is different.
The engine and sprites would remain the same.

Maybe after all the engine/sprite stuff is done, we each can create our own level.
What do you think? Sort of like the dungeons in Zelda.

I'll see what I can do to make the engine compatible for different levels/minigames.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Jun 2007 10:10:24 am    Post subject:

As I'm thinking about it, I think that having MAPS in the Ram would be a downfall (looks at Acelgoyobis). I don't know. We need a vote.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Jun 2007 11:31:38 am    Post subject:

bananaman wrote:
I got the files on, but still not in the group and I manually changed the pic variables so they work.  It looks like a really cool idea, but I'm stuck in one location.  Where it says choices choices and there are three paths.  I can't figure out how to go anywhere but the left path and then I can't go anywhere from the room on below that.
[post="107887"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Come on, you can do it. [hint] try to go through middle[/hint]

Edit:we need to add a thing to ACTIONS to act as a go back thing. If you get stuck, you press clear, lose a life, and go to last node game.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jun 2007 12:52:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 15 Jun 2007 07:20:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while. My church had VBS this week and I worked security at it. I also ripped the back seats out of a bus and made benches out of wood for an entertainment section.

Also, with my node game. I coded most of it on paper last sunday during church, but I can't seem to find the bulletin that I did it on. So I guess this sunday I will have to redo most of it.

I second the motion to keep the maps in the app. I we want to do a protocol 2 we can add a few more features and then repackage the entire thing to make it a simple one program project.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 02:58:38 pm    Post subject:

Double post hahahaha

I don't think we've mentioned these yet. A simple enemy that walks between fixed points that is indestructable. Basically you have to avoid it.

Same type of avoision idea. Enemy that walks around the outside edge of the room.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement